1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Gasoline Rotation Time

Discussion in 'Preppers' Corner' started by ratski, Oct 8, 2016.

1. 264killer

264killer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I only buy real gas . Start zero turn Kawasaki , leaf blower, chain saw ETC at CHRISTMAS . Always ready to go in spring . Been doing this for years.

2. golddigger14s

golddigger14s Sharpshooter

My small engine mechanic say that sta-bil keeps him in business. Fine for larger engines but bad for the small ones.
    Generator runs on propane, never goes bad.
    When I do buy gas (for the mowers) I get the 100% stuff.

3. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My small engine mechanic says the same thing. Sta-bil good for his business.

4. KurtM

KurtM Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    For small engines use white gas/ Coleman fuel. Add just a smidge of 2 stroke oil because it is dry as a sand storm for the valves. If you have a two stroke engine add just a bit more oil than normal. The stuff never goes bad. I have run my chain saws and weed eaters on this for years. Fire them up, use them, and put them away. I had one chainsaw i didn't even light for 4 years. Fired right up and ran great. It also seems to run a bit cooler. I did have to adjust my high end tuning screws a bit, but it works like a charm!

5. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Because... ?

beardking likes this.
  6. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    From the Sta Bil website

“STA-BIL BRANDED PRODUCTS GUNK UP CARBURETORS.”
    If your equipment’s fuel system is already dirty and you’ve never used a fuel system cleaner, it’s possible the cleaning agents in a STA-BIL product will wash the dirt and grime off walls and into the fuel system. This is a common issue with older equipment and can end up clogging the carburetor.

If you’re facing this problem, we recommend running a high-quality fuel system cleaner through at least one tank of fuel before you store your vehicle equipment.