Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cringe a bit asking this but...
Will same sex prisoners be allowed to marry each other and have sex?
If so, how is this equal treatment under the law for heterosexuals who are imprisoned?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If so, how is this equal treatment under the law for heterosexuals who are imprisoned?

Theyll just have to move one of them to one of the other 4,575 prisons

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

That's a good question. No reason they couldnt. It's gonna affect the Military as well.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The duties not enumerated in the Constitution as belonging to the federal government belong to the states, according to the Tenth Amendment. Nowhere is the regulation of marriage given to the federal government. The recent SCOTUS ruling is wrong and should be ignored by the states. Go back to the Constitution and weed out any laws or agencies that are not designated as duties of the federal government.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The duties not enumerated in the Constitution as belonging to the federal government belong to the states, according to the Tenth Amendment. Nowhere is the regulation of marriage given to the federal government. The recent SCOTUS ruling is wrong and should be ignored by the states. Go back to the Constitution and weed out any laws or agencies that are not designated as duties of the federal government.

US Constitution said:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It is part of the Constitution, actually. That's what amendments do...and subsequent amendments apply not only to the original text, but prior amendments as well, to the degree that the former are incompatible with the latter.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

While I agree with your premise about defanging the snake so to speak, marriage is none of the state's business either (or yours for that matter). A marriage is a religious ceremony. A civil union is a business arrangement codified by a state. A "marriage" presided over by a judge or justice of the peace, isn't. Likewise, a marriage in a church or presided over by an official of a religious organization, shouldn't count for any legal proceeding. The two should be kept entirely separate.

Perhaps someone can come in here and tell us where and when in the U.S., this all went wrong???

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where exactly in the Bible is it said to turn your back on any group that you do not agree with? Until recently I thought part of Christianity was about showing non believers about Jesus and God. I do not recall too many stories of the disciples turning away people due to sin.

I am still generally against the LGBT movement. I think they are a loud vocal minority, however if two people of the same sex get married it does not affect my life. The real test of equal protection will be when companies stop offering benefits to "domestic partners" and make them get married, or allow straight non married couples to get benefits as "domestic partners".

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This despite the fact that the vast, vast majority of opposition any of us, including R K9, has seen has been religious in nature.

I have never said that the majority of bias against same sex marriage is not due to religious beliefs. If you want to say I have, please share where I did. Now, go back and read GM’s posts. He said that ALL bias towards same sex marriages was due to religious beliefs. That is patently false which (again) was my point.

It's comical watching R K9 dance around talking in circles trying to deflect his own bigotry.

What is actually amusing but not in the least surprising that you can’t man up and back up your shrill name calling. You called me a bigot. Why don’t you share what I said that was “bigoted”? Feel free to scroll back. Use any thread you can find. In fact, go into my profile and search my posts for any comment on any thread.

Besides “death and taxes”, there are two things that we know to be true. You won’t find any comment that I made that was bigoted and you lack the integrity to say you were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom