Geissele Triggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I started this thread, I thought the answer was clear on what trigger groups to invest in for resale to the public, Geissele. But now after reading so many reviews about other triggers, it is more confusing.

Knowing the general OSA consensus of OSA shoppers, which is very evident by what sells and what does not. If it is low cost with some quality it is a winner. So ALG Defense would be the way to go, to make more sales. Because we try not to go with low cost and lower quality in our store, the quest for a quality trigger at a fair price for people that are looking for high quality for the type of shooting they are doing, has narrowed down to several that we want to take a closer look at. Any help would be appreciated positive or negative;

American Trigger Corp. American Gold MAP Price $279.95 from what I read this trigger seems to be preferred by many serious competition shooters who do not mind spending money for quality.

Elfmann Tactical Match, Service, or AR10, MAP price $249. from what I read this trigger is very smooth because it is the only one that has needle bearings around the pins. This is a very impressive trigger.

Geissele Triggers MAP price G2S $165., SSA $220., SSA-E $240. S3G $250. , SD-C $230., SD-E $250. ETC. From what I read this trigger offers many variations for the kind of shooting you are doing, and is one that is very popular because of that.

Again the quandary is which trigger company would serve more shooters that are interested in a high quality trigger.

Mark's Firearms is not interested in the cheapest to get by, the products we sell are not designed to be in that category. We are forever striving for a quality product, and yes we have learned from mistakes we have made in the past purchasing items that we were fooled into purchasing, only to find out that they were inferior to the same product made by other manufacturers.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would love to put a Gissele trigger in my SBR and maybe one day I'll bite the bullet. I am not sure why everyone is so keen on the ALG defense of $50-$65... Put JP 3.5 springs on your millspec trigger in your lpk and imho it is just as good if not better than the ALG. And that's on $12 or so. But different strokes for different folks.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to put a Gissele trigger in my SBR and maybe one day I'll bite the bullet. I am not sure why everyone is so keen on the ALG defense of $50-$65... Put JP 3.5 springs on your millspec trigger in your lpk and imho it is just as good if not better than the ALG. And that's on $12 or so. But different strokes for different folks.

I would have to agree with you about ALG, it does look like you could accomplish the same end by just purchasing JP springs and using your stock trigger.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would have to agree with you about ALG, it does look like you could accomplish the same end by just purchasing JP springs and using your stock trigger.

Not even close to the ALG Defense ACT. You would have to do some work on your parts to get it as smooth as the ALG, just dropping in springs won't get you close. Tried it. Done it. Been there

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark, the ALG triggers are about like a LPK milspec trigger after several thousand rounds through it. You can still use JP springs to bring the pull down, but JP springs will do nothing for the grittiness of a lightly used milspec trigger. Are they worth $50-$65? Yes, if you can't afford to get into the higher end triggers.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not even close to the ALG Defense ACT. You would have to do some work on your parts to get it as smooth as the ALG, just dropping in springs won't get you close. Tried it. Done it. Been there

Thank you for that information. So, there is a noticeable smoothness in the trigger, to make it worth $66. ?

As bsmith918 is explaining. It takes some effort with polishing and dremel tool work to get a factory trigger with drop in springs to be as smooth as the ALG. It is not cost effective to do so, $60 for the ALG is money well spent in my book. These AR's are not ever going to be worthy enough to me to drop $300 in a trigger, waste of money in my book. They are a tool, utilitarian type of weapon not some minute bench shooting rifle. Now I say this, and I did drop some coin on a TAV Trigger Group for my Tavor, but damn it was horrible terrible! LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom