Gen 4 Glock 29: Finger Grooves Removed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having done this to my Gen 4 G19 a few months back and being totally pleased with the results, it just seemed right that I needed to do it to my new Gen 4 Glock 29. I undercut the trigger guard, took the finger grooves (or finger bumps) off, and fitted a Talon Grip to it. Feels like a whole new gun now and it already was a new gun! Bonus! I have three Glocks now with undercut trigger guards, flat front straps, and Talon Grips; the G43, the Gen 4 G19, and now the Gen 4 G29. To me, it is a pretty good improvement. In a way, it’s nice that Glock put the finger bumps or grooves or whatever the heck they are on the pistols to begin with. They really are easy to take off if one is halfway careful not to go crazy with it. I really dig it now. But you know the old saying: "YMMV." So anyway, here's some pics of my most excellent Gen 4 Glock 29; the 10MM Beast-Pistol

f220bab41e00da29bdab956e0a5b0dbc.jpg
f1af7a7b68d73a9a7d67e2adff4246d2.jpg

Last edited:

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. A lot of people complain about them and just leave them on there. I personally like them and enhance them on my Glock frames but I think there area only about 3 of us that like them. I would rather them put them on there and just remove them for the people that dont like them and leave them on for the people that do.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I'm here to tell you that this G29 is much better handling/shooting now with the "grip enhancement" project complete. Took her to the range today and man oh man! All I can say is a repeat of what I think I already said somewhere else: "Where has this pistol been all my life?" I can't believe how nice this little gun shoots; and Imma tell ya this too; when you squeeze off a hot round out of this little fire-cannon, you know... without a doubt... that you have just fired one badazz little handgun! Me Likey!

I gotta give a big fat thanks to beastep for the encouragement to take the sanding tools to the Glock-Nubs; you got me motivated to YouTube it up and all, and then to engage Dremel to frame! But then ...looking at your avatar, maybe I should choose something other than "big fat" ...oh never mind. You get my drift.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a Glock guy but our conversation the other day just about has me ready to try one again. So, school me here. Are the Talon grips adhesive? They look great, almost like a custom stipple job.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a Glock guy but our conversation the other day just about has me ready to try one again. So, school me here. Are the Talon grips adhesive? They look great, almost like a custom stipple job.

Yes, the Talon Grips have a peel-off backing, then you use a hair drier or heat gun to heat shrink them as you firmly press them on the gun once you are satisfied with the alignment and all. An easy job to do. They come in either a granulate (sandpaper) or rubber finish. They add no discernable bulk to your grip, they are very, very thin. My three Glocks have the rubber ones; I like them.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 42 that had the Talons on it when I bought it and I had fully planned on taking them off as soon as I got it home. But, 1.5 years later they are still on there. I actually like them on that gun.