getting serious with .22's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for some input and advice. Although it's like racing 4 cylinders, I am looking into getting serious with a couple .22's. I enjoy the hell out of shooting and accuracy. this way I can do it without going broke to shoot all day.
I of course realize you can spend a small fortune on a rifle, but I am more interested in your experiences with whatever. No doubt ammo is a major player here. I have zero experience with high grade match rimfire ammo.

Anyway, share what you know. I'll grab some pics of what I am using now. They are nothing impressive but shoot amazingly well after some light work. One of which you may be rather surprised by:D

P.S. we are talking about shooting between 100 and 200yds

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know much about the expensive rifles or ammo, but I picked up a marlin 60 or 61 (the one with the tube magazine) from academy for just a bit over a hundred bucks that shoots very tight groups at 100 yards with cheap brick ammo.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one can spend a small fortune on any caliber rifle.
.22 LR seem to be the one's that get shot the most.

being able to shoot much as you want is an advantage hard to beat.
look for a S&W .22 revolver ... seems there's no deals anywhere.
everyone wants an arm and a leg ... once you get over the price. you'll be glad you did.

.22LR bolt rifles seem to be inherently accurate in general.
which brand bullet you barrel favors seems to be the largest factor.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are some fast 4 cylinders and I've built one faster than some modded v8s out there...

I dunno much about the best 22's or most accurate but they are cheap and fun and the ones I have savage/stevens 64, rem 597, etc.

Oh man there are some fast ones out there. The point being though that the real point is to build power and go fast. So why spend twice the money for half the power? To match $ for $ a small block Chevy is going to build WAY more HP. In the end isn't that idea? Don't get me wrong though, I appreciate anybody willing to go out and do what it takes to build something.

As for .22's I don't know much about them either. They have always just been a staple for days of blasting away at stuff. Recently read an article about some competitions, and it peaked my interest, as well as relaxed my wallet.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My junker pawn-shop-rescue Marlin 80 is pretty accurate, surprisingly.

I have no personal experience with these, but the CZ 452s have a great reputation and run somewhere in the $400 neighborhood. You're starting to see these at rimfire silhouette shoots on the line with Anschutz rifles that cost $monkeybux.

gyolai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man there are some fast ones out there. The point being though that the real point is to build power and go fast. So why spend twice the money for half the power? To match $ for $ a small block Chevy is going to build WAY more HP. In the end isn't that idea? Don't get me wrong though, I appreciate anybody willing to go out and do what it takes to build something.

As for .22's I don't know much about them either. They have always just been a staple for days of blasting away at stuff. Recently read an article about some competitions, and it peaked my interest, as well as relaxed my wallet.

ive never seen a small block chevy make more power than a 2jzgte (inline 6). heavily modded or not.

i like ruger 10/22's

Latest posts

Top Bottom