1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Giving new life to old car.

Discussion in 'Gearheads' started by xring33, Sep 1, 2020.

1. xring33

xring33 Sharpshooter

IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    Took the wife’s 93’ Del Sol to the body shop the other day. Fixing hail dents, interior and new paint. I know the cost will be more than the car is worth but, my wife likes it and doesn’t want a new one. It runs good and has been kept in good shape mechanically. Will post pictures of finished product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Man dent repair on thin steel I feel for you.
    My wife loves her Pontiac Vibe but not the paint job.
    She likes Burnt orange, I have thought of doing it in that color to make her like it more.

Like you are doing. Keep the wife happy.

xring33 likes this.
  3. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Old cars are the best cars. I would rather have any one of several cars I have owned thru the years than any new one. A 65 Mustang, 73 El Camino, 76 Ford Elite, 65 Check pick up, etc, etc, etc. May not get the gas mileage but a lot more fun to drive.

xring33 likes this.
  4. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    Always liked del sols. I used to see this one East of Duncan Ok all the time. With her dog
    riding on the trunk.
    20160531_100223.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  5. PBramble

PBramble I need TP

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Wife had one when they came out. Great car until the problems start, then it's a nickle and dime Honda. Oh, and the targa top seal at the a pillar and driver window will leak like a sieve in rain if you don't replace them. Ask me how I know.

6. THAT Gurl

THAT Gurl Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That's really cool if you ask me. I will have my truck until the day I die. I LOVE it -- more than Grumpy even ...:blush: It's got a few dents and dings but the day after I traded LoneWolf's Toyota pick-up truck for it the transmission went out. Neighbor who owns a transmission shop (RCorw on Council) gave me a good deal and fixed it up. Then I took it to Beneficial over in Moore and got a couple of kinks worked out ... Still don't have $4000 in it. I had a kid offer me $6000 for it so I figure I still have $2000 to play with. I'm happy as a bug in a rug ... It's comfortable, the heat and air work and it gets me from Point A to Point B every time I ask it to. That $30 tag and the low insurance payment aren't a bad deal either. Best of all is my monthly payment ... $0.00 each and every month ...

swampratt and DavidMcMillan like this.
  7. TheLastDaze

TheLastDaze Sharpshooter

yup, couldn't agree more Gurl. I have an 05 Chevy Duramax with 225k trouble free miles I could never see myself getting rid of.

THAT Gurl likes this.
  8. xring33

xring33 Sharpshooter

Finished product. Brothers Autobody in Woodward, Oklahoma did a great job. Wife’s car is known as the Barbie Car. Body shop added pinstripe and the word Barbie. Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk