Glock 10mm and the Lonewolf barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought the LW barrel to get the extra length and for running lead for hunting.
What I have run into is the pistol runs perfect with Factory ammo ,mostly Sig 180 gr FNFMJ and a couple boxes winchester silvertip and PPU hp.
Have tried multiple OAL , and running bullets through a full length sizer as well as tightening the factory crimp. All of this has made huge improvements , but still not quite 100% on reliability when running 200gr TC HC bullets.
Reading what I can find on the issue it sounds like I need to just keep running factory until it wears in.
Any of you folks have any experience that you can share.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, my reloads pass the plunk test when I test them but one or two rounds hang up going in the chamber per mag.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
upload_2018-9-12_19-37-24.jpeg
upload_2018-9-12_19-37-24.jpeg
this is what it looks like when it fails to feed.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may want to get a set of recoil springs from Wolff and try different spring coefficients as well.
I am up to a 22 lb return spring and it continues to have problems with reloads at about 1-2 bullets per magazine.
Been waiting on Under wood ammo to get their 200 grain coated in stock that pretty much is what I am loading and see if the gun will run that. If it will, it is something I am not doing at the bench!!
Mean while the pistol is 100% when running factory so I can at least be patient LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 10 mm years ago when the ammo and brass was at a premium $$. Way before the FBI acceptance.
Spent a lot of time looking for that one round of brass in the grass because it was so expensive to shoot.
Stout round, but not unmanageable with the right grip.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 10 mm years ago when the ammo and brass was at a premium $$. Way before the FBI acceptance.
Spent a lot of time looking for that one round of brass in the grass because it was so expensive to shoot.
Stout round, but not unmanageable with the right grip.

Complete hoot to shoot out of this Glock20, then add the compensater and its even better!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Davek beat me to it but given what you said after that I think you might be onto something with running several hundred rounds though it to shine it up a bit.

I put LW barrels in all my Glocks a while back. Seems like I had to run 2-300 or so rounds through most of them before I had seamless function with reloads. Might just be because I'm a gurl, though. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom