Glock 17 Gen 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if this will do anything to the value of the gen 1s. Shot a few, owned a few, a Glock is a Glock.
Might keep 1 just for the future collector value, depending on how this 1 does.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Glock never released one with a laser. However there was at least one distributor that did. But I’ve only seen Gen 2s. This was a mid 90s venture and I be skeptical of a new Gen 1 being so equipped. I don’t this the technology was there until after the Gen 1 was discontinued.

A mutual friend of ours had a G2 19 that I have some pictures of.

Pretty cool from 25+ year old technology!
Now that you mention it, it could have been a gen2 because at that time I didn't know the difference. I was told it was a gen1 and it was the first time that I handled a Glock.

Like I said it was crazy accurate and very natural to shoot well for me but it was plastic and it just didn't seem right after having a 645.

Since then I have owned and carried several plastic striker fired handguns.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if this will do anything to the value of the gen 1s. Shot a few, owned a few, a Glock is a Glock.
Might keep 1 just for the future collector value, depending on how this 1 does.

I don’t think it will. This is a copy of the P80 with Gen-2 or 3 internals. I’ve never seen a P80 box, but I have 2 Gen-1 models with different boxes. According to the date codes on the barrels, they are only a few months apart in manufacture. The one of the left is the older one.

upload_2020-9-2_19-51-6.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-2_19-47-49.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-2_19-47-49.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 59

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think it will. This is a copy of the P80 with Gen-2 or 3 internals. I’ve never seen a P80 box, but I have 2 Gen-1 models with different boxes. According to the date codes on the barrels, they are only a few months apart in manufacture. The one of the left is the older one.

View attachment 173209

Ever think about letting one of those bad boys go to a new home?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, but this one being sold as a collector from a single distributor will make this one a collectible from day one.

Sure, but it is still a recreation and not the Original.

And committing to putting 10,000 on the market and saying another order is probable if those sell, will changed things a bit.

There were only 2000 Olympic Security Team Glocks made and 2500 25th Anniversary Glocks made. Neither are too hard to find and don’t command that high of a price. I think the 10K+ number is going to keep the collectible market pretty level on these.

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom