Glock 19 Gen 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep hearing that. That confirms it. Thank you. Those Trijicons, they co-witness, but how far do they stick up in the field of view?
To be honest, I don’t even notice them when I’m shooting it. I will take some close up pics for you when I get home next week.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem I mostly had with them is that it is hard for me to pick up the top of the front sight and align it with the top of the rear sight. So, I painted a horizontal white stripe above the dot at the top of the front sight, and painted horizontal white stripes at the top of the rear sight. Now I look for the straight horizontal line across both sights for aiming. I guess I could black out the white goal posts too but I really don't even notice it now that I am focused on that white horizontal line.

Without that I found I was kind of trying to get the top of the ball to align with the top of the goal posts and that was actually causing me to aim higher than I really wanted. I now find that when I have a proper sight picture with the top of the sights, the bottom of the white ball is actually touching the bottom of the goal posts, or actually even embedded slightly below them

I don't have a problem with them being plastic sights, but really a crappy sight design if you ask me. But my son-in-law saw what I did with mine and now wants me to paint both his Glock 44 and his Glock 22 which have Glock sights on them. He has a red dot sight on his Glock 17 but he's not crazy about it either.

OK, went out to the range with my Glock 44 with the sights slightly modified with white horizontal stripes painted across the top of the rear sight, and more importantly across the top of the front sight. It was almost impossible for me to see the top of the front sight to line it up with the top of rear, and the top of the dot on the front sight is well below the top of the front sight.

I found I was actually aligning by putting the top of the ball at the top of the rear sight which was resulting in about a 2 inch high POI above POA at 15 yards, even after lowering the rear sight to its lowest position.

After clearly marking the top of front sight, and aligning my site picture correctly, my shots actually were now coming in an inch or so below POA. So, now I'm going to again adjust the rear sight up one notch which should bring POI closer to POA when sighting at the center mass hold position. I'm going to have to get back to the range and do some resting shots to get a final adjustment, but clearly a part of the problem at least was my poor eyesight not being able to pick up the top of front sight and align it properly.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Gen-5 34, 19 MOS and 19M. I started life as an HK/Sig snob and absolute Glock hater. No longer the case. I think the Gen-5 platform is great.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Glocks and that is mostly what I shoot except that I do have a S&W .22 compact.

But I must admit that I do not like the Glock sights after trying to shoot them on this Glock 44. I would never buy them on a gun I was depending on for anything serious. I bought my Glock 19 with Ameriglo sights and I like those just fine.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my Glocks have AmeriGlo Spartan tritium sights. My 19M came with the same but a U-notch rear FBI design one. I put old school factory Glock tritium sights on my 44 because I already had them. I like Glocks but can't stand the football goalpost plastic POS sights. They never make it more than a week before being swapped out. Trijicon are great too.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CDNN has glock "Asian Military 17rd magazines" for $9.99. I bought 5 and put 1500rds through them. (300 a mag) and they work pretty good. At least for range magazines if nothing else. I bought 15 more after that

They are Korean but not KCI magazines which have a rep of being hit or miss.

I bought a couple of the 30 round “Asian Military” Glock mags in .40 for my Kel-Tec Sub 2K. I put a couple hundred through each one with no hiccups. Definitely worth the $15 on CDNN.com.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep hearing that. That confirms it. Thank you. Those Trijicons, they co-witness, but how far do they stick up in the field of view?
B66BF61B-3412-41CC-AB4B-716483082D41.jpeg
695FCD0F-2B13-42A1-9B29-089BD0E6A94E.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom