Glock 22 upgrades/Modifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rogersda

Hello, I just recently purchased a Glock 22 which is my first handgun purchase. I have enjoyed the gun so far but I know there are alot of upgrades and modifications that can be done to them. I am looking for suggestions on where to get started and what you liked or disliked. I am already interested a 3.5 lb trigger and have TFO sights already on it.

If anyone has picks I would love to see them as well!

Thanks!

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely do the .25 cent trigger job before getting that 3.5lb trigger bar. I was planning on getting the ghost but after I did all the polishing I felt that I improved my trigger enough to not buy the 3.5 trigger bar.

What gen did you buy? You might want enhance the grip with either stippling, talon or grip tape, or a rubber wrap around sleeve.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Glock 'em down. A 3.5lb connector and different sights are the only real mods worth doing if you're going to become an active shooter. The Glock stock front sight is too wide. I invested in some third party base pads for my mags, so I can take them down easier. They also add 5 or 6 rounds capacity.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This x 1,000,000

Shoot, clean, lube, and repeat. IMO, no need to do a bunch of fancy mods; just spend money on ammo and shoot the crap out of it. Best mod is probably a decent holster and belt. And unless you are a gunsmith, or otherwise highly highly qualified, I'd recommend that you step away from the dremel, files, and sandpaper. Shoot, clean, lube and repeat. Personnally, I get no more abrasive with a gun than a Q-tip or bore brush. Well, maybe not abrasive, but I did speak rather harshly to one of my guns the other day for chasing all around the bullseye...

Last edited:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with Glock 'em down. A 3.5lb connector and different sights are the only real mods worth doing if you're going to become an active shooter. The Glock stock front sight is too wide. I invested in some third party base pads for my mags, so I can take them down easier. They also add 5 or 6 rounds capacity.

^^^This,all my Glocks have 3.5 connector and after market sights.

Sheepdog380

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a grip force adapter on my G22c. I liked the grip so much I put one on my G27 also. If you had the cash I have a guide rod laser, it's not used alot but when taking down at night it works very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom