Glock 22 upgrades/Modifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most reliable Glock is the one you bought! IF this is going to be your carry pistol don't "F" with it besides some better sights maybe. Now if this is going to be your toy and don't mind it being down just in case you screw something up then the sky is the limit.

I've been playing with a G22 and so far I think the best bang for your buck would be a 3.5# connector, twenty five cent trigger job, sights, and possibly a lighter recoil spring, I'm kicking the idea of a Titanium plunger and spring, tungsten guide rod and maybe even lighter springs but still trying to figure out what weights I want to go with. Later,

Kirk

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A class wouldn't hurt and shooting it ALOT won't hurt either. I like to play with mine, so I've made some mods. I put in a 3.5lb connector and did the polishing, but I didn't like it, so I put the factory unit back in and like it better. I've been through the springs, left some in and took some back out. I put a stainless guide rod in, with a 1lb heavier guide rod spring and a recoil buffer (not sure that they really do anything for ya). Added some grip tape, as the frame is a little small for my hands and it helped improve my grip. Put on some night sights, mepro light. Did a custom duracoat job on it, just to change it up a little. All this was done for under $100 if I remember right. The spring kits are inexpensive (wolff), but if I was gonna put a trigger connector in again, it would be a rocket with the groves cut in it. These are file fit to your gun and the reset is super fast! There are alot of other upgrades available if you want to spend the money. Glocks work well right out of the box, but I believe everything can be tweaked a little bit to make the operator more satisfied with the guns performance. Remember everybody wants something different in the way there weapon performs, so depending on what you're doing with the gun, then it's up to you.

The .25 trigger job is simple and effective. I would start there! The rest is simply up to you. Out of all the springs, I think the only aftermarket spring that's left in my gun is the 6lb trigger spring and the spring on the recoil rod. I had to remove the striker spring and the safety spring for performance issues. The striker spring would not strike hard enough to set off a round every once in awhile and that's not good. I want it to go bang everytime. The safety plunger spring was a little to light and I had concerned of an accidental discharge, which is also not good! Just some info for you.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i prefer an extended slide stop, but other than that don't usually change much, maybe sights if you prefer. Ammo and mags..all you need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom