Glock 23 and IWB Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the well thought out and articulated response Hawgman. I appreciate it. I am carrying my G23 in the Summer Special style holster for a few days before I make a judgment one way or the other. It just doesn't feel as good as my Kimber for some reason.

Here is a picture of it at 3 o'clock (or wherever my belt loop is located). I may move it around to 2 like JP suggests and see what it feels like.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P7060006.jpg

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a G23 @ 2:00 in a straight-drop K&D holster and it concels either OWB or IWB just fine.
Try that position and see if it works for you.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 23 in a Summer Special 2, but I put the two holster loops behind the belt loop instead of inbetween as you have pictured. I'm 5'10" and 194 lbs. Have carried mine up to 14 hrs a day and almost forgot I had it on.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 23 in a Summer Special 2, but I put the two holster loops behind the belt loop instead of inbetween as you have pictured. I'm 5'10" and 194 lbs. Have carried mine up to 14 hrs a day and almost forgot I had it on.

I am going to move it back a little like you are talking about (4 o'clock) and see how it feels. My main concern with it behind the hip is that when you bend over the grip tends to stick WAAY out.

I will say this about appendix carry (2 o'clock) I don't know how anyone (JP) does it! I tried it and when I sat down it dug right into my groin. Maybe its body shape or something but I won't be doing that again.

Pictures later

BC

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good experiences carrying a G23 (or G27) in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, in the 3 to 3:30 position. I always use a stout belt, like the Looper Leather bullhide tri-layer belt. There is no discomfort to me to wear this rig for many hours a day. I'm 215 and 6'0".

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my G19 (same size as G23) in a Raven Phantom kydex holster at 3:15.

If you are carrying at 3:00 and the slide is printing on the front side, you may have too much cant. Very little cant is needed at 3:00. I honestly have more cant than necessary carrying at 3:15.

But yes, I would say that your 1911 very possibly is going to carry better than your G23. Even though the G19 is smaller than my 1911, I have found that my 5" 1911 carries better at 3:00 than my G19 does at any location. There's just something about a 1911 that makes it near perfect with the right rig.

You might try sticking your extra mag holder on the other side to even out your side thickness, then it won't be so obvious that you've got a growth on your waist. You just won't look as thin. ;)

Good luck!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an idea Burk.

Sell that Versa Max 2 and order one of these...

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i65.html

It's basically a VM2 but it rides about an inch LOWER in your britches.

Oh and uh...by the way...

The reason your 1911 hides better than that Glock 23 is because the Glock is square and the 1911 is thinner and rounder. Somebody once said that a good concealed carry piece should be shaped like a bar of soap. ;)

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I carry a G23 in a Comp-Tac CTAC with a Wilderness belt. I don't have any problem with concealment, but this is because I opt to carry around 5 o'clock. It barely gets a little close to small of back the way I carry,, but it conceals very well for me.

I've tried to conceal at 3 o'clock, but to me it looks like something is sticking out off your side.

I've got a bit of a belly which makes the 2 o'clock carry method not work for me, but those thin guys seem to like it a lot.

Good luck,

Alan

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, this is an old thread but it is mine so I can revive it if I want to ;)

Has anyone ever carried the G23 (or any Glock) in a Kydex IWB? I am looking at this one from Blade Tech because it looks like the thinnest possible holster to put this "brick" in.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_BobbyMcgeeProNanoIWB.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom