Glock 23 and IWB Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: I am on the fourth full day (12+ hours/day) of carrying my Glock in the UBG Canute at 4:00. However, after about the second full day, it kind of made its way back around to three o'clock. Sometimes it seems to 'seek" its most comfortable position. The original issue with the back of the slide poking though my shirt is beginning to seem like more of a perceived issue of mine that an actual issue. I will keep you posted.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_PA250002.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about appendix carry but then I increased the cant and shifted it just a little bit more around to the side (2:15-2:25-ish??) and I can sit very comfortably. The barrel slides to the outside edge of my leg and the gun folds with me, instead of just jamming into my leg.

But isn't a draw almost impossible with the gun canted that much in the appendix position? I thought the idea of appendix carry was to go with almost no cant for easy weapon draw?

Maybe I need to see a picture but it sounds like the butt of your gun is almost straight up and would impossible to draw with your right hand.

BC

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But isn't a draw almost impossible with the gun canted that much in the appendix position? I thought the idea of appendix carry was to go with almost no cant for easy weapon draw?

Maybe I need to see a picture but it sounds like the butt of your gun is almost straight up and would impossible to draw with your right hand.

BC

Here's a stupid little video I made that shows it's not hard at all to draw.

Concealed Carry Vid

kbi83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
carried my g23 in mtac loved it.. traded in my glock for kimber ultra carry and i carry that in a smartcarry, its amazing i can wear it during a 14hr work day an never have any problems

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a little over a week of carrying my G23 at the "modified" position of about 3:18 :) as shown in the picture above and I am declaring the best piece of advice in this thread as follows:

I think you should not worry so much about printing. Move it off the 3:00 one way or the other. Cover it with a loose shirt and get on with your life. If you are noticed, it's probably by someone who knows what to look for. The sheep will not see it, if they were observant, they would recognize we live in a dangerous world and they would be carrying too.

Thanks everyone for the great comments. If you see me around town, you better not say "hey you got a ball point pen sticking out of your shirt there buddy" or I might poke you in the eye with an actual ball point pen.

Seriously, I have a whole new outlook on carrying this gun and I am glad I forced the issue because it is one of the best daily carry guns for size, conceal-ability and reliability. Although I love my Kimber, I would not hesitate to stake my life or the lives of my family on this gun.

Later.

BC

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 month Update:

As some of you know I always bitched about how my Glock printed, blah, blah blah (see above). Well, most of the advice was to just wear it an quit worrying about it. Well I decided to take the advice and strap it on and not look back. That was 6 months ago.

I have been wearing my Glock 23 in a UBG canute on a Filson double belt ever since and you know what? I could care less if the slide sticks out through my shirt a little. It's comfy and to tell you the truth no one except me knows I am carrying.

So after half-a-year I say, get the holster and gun that is comfortable, retains the weapon and is reasonably concealed and continue to train.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_G23_Canute.jpg

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I had to comment, seeing that I failed to do so in the past.

I have the same gun and one of the first batches of UBG holsters. I think Nikat said it best, for skinny people like us, the holster has to wrap around your body and be flexible enough to form to it. A good friend of mine has a newer generation UBG and it's no where near as flexible and comfortable as mine, though he paid extra for the re-inforced mouth.

I carry mine at 3 o'clock, same place my duty weapon would be. Why? Comfort and that's how I trained. I'm 5'10, 170lbs and wear medium sized shirts and 34" waist pants/shorts. For the days where I don't give a crap about printing (most everyday), I sag a little bit for comfort (yes, my gun still sits nice and tight to my body and am still comfortable). Now, for those days that I worry about printing, what I do is pull my pants up about an inch higher. Still being at 3 o'clock position, I allow the gun to sit in that grove above my hip, which literally makes the butt of the gun disappear.

I know you don't have the weapon anymore and I wish I would've seen this earlier, but oh well. Just wanted to put in my thoughts about it and what I've come to learn about CC a Glock w/ UBG holster while being skinny.

I'm happy you found a gun that is comfortable for you to carry. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom