Glock 43 verses M&P Shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had both, sold the Shield and kept the G43. The G43 is a MUCH better shooter and I like the way it feels in my hand better. My G43 trigger with the Ghost Edge connector feels just like my Gen 4 G19 trigger. The Shield has a funky grip to me. But hey, some people (lots of female shooters like it from what I've heard) prefer the Shield and yeah, it's a good gun, just not as good as the G43 (For me). (And I'm an expert).

Last edited:

CubsWin16

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheild feels like it's gonna pop out of my hands while shooting. 43 is smaller and lighter. $15 ghost bar helps the trigger. You can put any sights you want on the glock or shield.

I'm not a glock guy and I picked the 43.
Good points as well. Still trying to make up my mind. The ghost bar is a good suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've looked at both recently. For me, the size of the 43 is hard to beat and that's why I'm going with it. I have another thread on here and people have chimed in with other guns. I even changed my mind to the XD-s but it's a lot bigger. So, I cahnged my mind back to the Glock.

For me, comfort comes first. If I'm not comfortable, I won't carry. I can deal with the other things after that and for things I don't like, since it's a Glock, I can change it out. There's a ton of cool **** you can do to them and I like to mod stuff anyway.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will be happy with it. It's awesome summer pocket gun or runs really light on the hip

I wanted to carry my Colt Commander tonight, I really, really did...but at the end of a long day, that light, little, reliable, good shooting G43 found its way back IWB. Damn if it isn't becoming my favorite pistol. Ever.

FLAFASTBALL

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked all my friends as to what small frame carry they used all picked the Glock 43, so that's what I went with. Most bought and sold before they ended with the 43, and all are happy. I have several full and midsize but when I go small I use the 43.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I own both and carry both. The 43 shoots better for me. Upgrades to the 43 have been TFO site, 3.5 connector and 4# striker spring.
Upgrades to Shield have been recut and polish sear. Side by side the 43 is more accurate than the Shield. Cant go wrong with either.
Gave 450 for the 43 and 325 for the Shield. I would agree that the 43 is over priced compared to the Shield and many other subcompact 9mm.
Shoot as many as you can and pick one. These are not target pistols!

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both, sold the Shield and kept the G43. The G43 is a MUCH better shooter and I like the way it feels in my hand better. My G43 trigger with the Ghost Edge connector feels just like my Gen 4 G19 trigger. The Shield has a funky grip to me. But hey, some people (lots of female shooters like it from what I've heard) prefer the Shield and yeah, it's a good gun, just not as good as the G43 (For me). (And I'm an expert).

Well Druryj the expert part goes without saying. Just by being on here we all know that ;).