Glock 43 verses M&P Shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 43. I personally never considered the shield but my preacher got one for his wife and I handled it. I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. I am a glock guy. They will run and run and run. Like an ak. Don't know if the same could be said about a shield. There is a reason why so many police and military's around the world choose glock. I got a talo edition 43 from SSP for $499. Put a ghost connector in it and now it's done. All that for under $550. That ain't bad if you ask me. Sure a shield might be cheaper, but to me there is a reason for that.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own both. In my opinion the shield is the best choice of the two. Better capacity, and better sights out of the box. Pretty sure they are a few bucks cheaper at most dealers. Only thing I like better on the G43 is the lack of thumb safety.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheild feels like it's gonna pop out of my hands while shooting. 43 is smaller and lighter. $15 ghost bar helps the trigger. You can put any sights you want on the glock or shield.

I'm not a glock guy and I picked the 43.

the shield feels like its going to pop out of your hand and yet the 43 is smaller and lighter? Everything I have seen says the 43 has a much snappier recoil...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom