glock grip chop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a g17. I love the gun. However, would like to cc and the 17 feels a bit large. Got to talking to a few guys at the range and they start to talk about "chopping" the handle to g19 specs. They claim it keeps the long barrel for accuracy and reduces the grip to reduce the real show of the handle.

I have never heard of this before...... I went on line and sure enough it is a true practice. It is recommended that you take it to a smith.

Thoughts? Is this a valid fix to my problem or is it a gross mutilation and perversion?

Thanks

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to comment, gross mutilation or perversion? Had to laugh. No bad feelings meant, just struck me funny. I have G17 as well and it is one of my favorite guns and would be one of the last if not the last gun to go. I put the 17 and the 19 side by side and compared, to me theres not that much difference, but each his own. I do know that you had better love the gun, because after mods, it devalues the gun,nobody wants a gun customized for someone else.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking at handguns as investments is the wrong way to go. They are tools that often need "fitting" in order to be used effectively.
To use "loss of value" as the primary reason not to customize a firearm, is not logical, considering the defensive, life saving potential of the gun. There is also a psychological advantage to having the "right" equipment for the job.
All that said, I can honestly say that if enhancements are done professionally, with a end result of good form following function, modifications often increase the resale value.
One aberration to this, is that glock 19 of cavedwellers on the classifieds.
That's a smoking deal for how that frame is set up. Thinking about getting it back for myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom