Glock hater thinking of buying a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep. I've talked a lot of trash on Glocks, and I've seen a lot not live up to the "perfection" they're supposed to be, but I'm really interested in the 48.

It checks all the boxes I really want for a CC pistol; long enough grip for full hand to fit, slim profile for concealing, longer barrel for velocity, aftermarket will no doubt have an abundance of holster and sight options and easy to maintain should it need it.

I'm seriously considering getting one and putting at least 1k through it right away of mixed ammo to ensure reliability. Handloads, both plated and coated RN and HP, and factory RN and HP.
If it passes without failure I may carry it.

Ok.... let the smack talking commence.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you are 70-80 years old and believe that a firearm should only be made of blue steel and walnut, I don't understand the whole Glock hatred that's out there.

As for Glock's claim of "Perfection" you really can't argue. Think about it...what do most people require from a carry pistol?

Ease of use...check!
Durability...check!
Reliability...double check!

Really, the only place where Glock fails amongst their counterparts is probably in the aesthetics department, but even that could be an acquired taste. I kinda think the Glock is sexy, but that's just me.

I have carried a Glock of some sort, usually a 9mm or .40 S&W for almost 30 years. In that amount of time, after all day carry in all types of conditions and climates, I have never had a speck of visible rust or a malfunction that I couldn't blame on ammo or my own fault somehow.

Let's face it - The damned things WORK! All the time, everytime.

Perfection? Sounds like it to me.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I've talked a lot of trash on Glocks, and I've seen a lot not live up to the "perfection" they're supposed to be, but I'm really interested in the 48.

It checks all the boxes I really want for a CC pistol; long enough grip for full hand to fit, slim profile for concealing, longer barrel for velocity, aftermarket will no doubt have an abundance of holster and sight options and easy to maintain should it need it.

I'm seriously considering getting one and putting at least 1k through it right away of mixed ammo to ensure reliability. Handloads, both plated and coated RN and HP, and factory RN and HP.
If it passes without failure I may carry it.

Ok.... let the smack talking commence.
Most of us dislike Glock because there are those out there....you know the one’s I’m talking about the Super Glock Fan BOYS! The ones who constantly spew goo about them ....they are the end all, do all, best firearm ever devised by man , EVER..... this is one of the primary reasons I only own one GLOCK and my wife shoots it exclusively. They are an adequate gun for the money, like so many others

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Glock "hater" after carrying and shooting them for years, I've moved on. However, this little 48 makes a lot of sense IMO. At first I didn't understand why someone would want one in lieu of a 19. Saw some of the vids and I get it.

One of these guys says it's similar to a BHP in his hand. Tall order, I'll check one out eventually.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No smack talk here. I like my Glocks. Glocks are like the AR in the world of pistols.

They’re very easy to work on. No special fitting or gunsmithing required to repair any problem. Parts are readily available from multiple sources. They are durable and reliable. You saw the failure I had with my 21SF. It was a spring that decided to give up after about 5k rounds.

The biggest complaint I hear is accuracy. There are only a few models that Glock designed for competition. The Glock was primarily designed for military, police and self defense. They’re not designed to produce match grade “one hole at twenty five yards” accuracy.

The only downside I see with this particular model is the availability of extra parts or magazines since it’s so new. But if it does break Glock does have a good customer service reputation.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few FTF, double feed and FTE which is why I don't believe their "perfection" claim.
Like I said though, if it indeed proves reliable after 1k rounds, then I'll holster it up and use it.

With my g20 the only time I have a problem is with the Lone Wolf barrel or hand loads. If I have the stock barrel in and run store bought or hand load ammo it is flawless. Have been running Sig 180 grain in the lone wolf every chance I get trying to get the barrel broke in, Sitting at about 800 rounds down the pipe and it still will not run hand loads. May end up sending it back and getting them to open the chamber a smidge. Really gave up on the lone wolf barrel for hunting season after I figured out the factory barrel runs the 200 grain lead TC coated just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom