Glock jammed when needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why revolvers are considered backpack/bear country weapons. The only issue with that in this scenario is that according to the story this guy shot 10 times. That wouldn't have happened with a revolver though a 357 or 44 would have had a bit more punch.
The issue with revolvers being in backpacks is the inability to get them out in time just like the OP in this scenario.
For years I carried a .44 mag in a chest rig when in grizzly country. Round count is lacking. The guy in the Op’s story barely had time to draw much less shoot for accuracy. It was only after being mauled, he got off a shot to the head to kill the bear.

GutsonBorglum

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue with revolvers being in backpacks is the inability to get them out in time just like the OP in this scenario.
For years I carried a .44 mag in a chest rig when in grizzly country. Round count is lacking. The guy in the Op’s story barely had time to draw much less shoot for accuracy. It was only after being mauled, he got off a shot to the head to kill the bear.
By backpack, I meant while backpacking. I took it as a given that one would have your handgun in a holster. You did what many have traditionally done which is having a large caliber revolver and as noted the round count is the downfall. I would still go with a revolver though. Better to go with something that will go bang no matter what. Got to give the guy props for killing the bear & living. Saying and doing are two different things.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure if a grizzly attacks me I have about 15-30 seconds to get right with my Creator. If I can do that ‘and’ fumble around with my gun and get a couple decent rounds off it’s because my Creator helped me. 😁

How the heck do you train for getting ripped apart by a grizzly and concentrate on proper shooting form? 😆🤣😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom