Gold and Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmith1279

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, I've finally won the argument with myself that I need to have tangible assets beyond firearms/my house etc. I've prepped for food. Gotten completely out of debt, have plenty of cash on hand and now want to add gold/silver to my holdings. I don't mind paying a fair price but don't want to get screwed either. It's my understanding that bullion and rounds are the cheapest point of entry. My concern is that if it hits the fan and I need to use it for services that it will not be readily identifiable as say a 95% silver Quarter, Dime or nickle (pre65) etc. Thoughts?

I need guidance. What are you all doing to prep financially? Do you have a favorite place where you get good deals for silver/gold?

I appreciate your time.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gold and silver in quantities larger than just a few dollars will just be harder to use when the economy crashes.
I believe we will need that gold and silver when the common populas has no money or money has no value, If you have only large coins then how will they make change?
Gold jewlery will be more valuable than large coins because they will be easily carried and exchanged. Forget the valuable jewels because no one will be able to evaluate their value like they can gold and silver.

Just my two cents.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would only buy gold or silver as investments. Im with Honeybee, gold rings and cheap jewelry might get traded, but if SHTF, someone will kill you if its worth much.

You should read the Selco blog. Barter items more valuable than gold are liquor, batteries, solar chargers, bic lighters, ammo, firearms, medicine, even sanitary wipes.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those things will have NO value if the SHTF. Water, Food, and the like will be the major materials of value. You can't eat or drink gold and silver. They won't keep you warm, they won't shelter your family. JMHO. NOT trying to start an arguement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom