Gold and Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some time hopefully after I am dead and gone, but after the flag goes up before TEOTWAWKI
Guard at Checkpoint Bravo: "I can't let you pass."
Guy: "What if I give you $20,000 in greenbacks for me and my family to pass."
Guard at Checkpoint Bravo: "Ha Ha so I can wipe my butt?"
Guy: "What about 30 Morgans?"
Guard at Checkpoint Bravo: "Hurry up before my Sarge comes back."

Germany 1923
Guard at Checkpoint Kraut: "I can't let you pass."
Guy: "What if I give you 20,000 Marks for me and my family to pass."
Guard at Checkpoint Kraut: "Ha Ha so I can wipe my butt?"
Guy: "What about 30 Morgans?"
Guard at Checkpoint Kraut: "Hurry up before my Sarge comes back."

China Tang Dynasty 700AD
Guard at Checkpoint Dragon: "I can't let you pass."
Guy: "What if I give you 20,000 Tangs for me and my family to pass."
Guard at Checkpoint Dragon: "Ha Ha so I can wipe my butt?"
Guy: "What about 30 silver pieces?"
Guard at Checkpoint Dragon: "Hurry up before my Sarge comes back."

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious....

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Silver Eagle coins directly from the Mint?

I see the ones in the presentation cases, etc, but I'm talking about just plain jane Eagles.

Thanks

Dave

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious....

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Silver Eagle coins directly from the Mint?

I see the ones in the presentation cases, etc, but I'm talking about just plain jane Eagles.

Thanks

Dave

yep http://www.usmint.gov/consumer/index.cfm?action=AmericanEagles
"For the Silver Eagle, we charge the United States Mint's Authorized Purchasers the price of silver plus $2.00 per coin premium. Minimum ordering requirement is 25,000 coins"
or you can go through one of the authorized dealers like apmex and buy rolls of 20.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with ampex is that in Oklahoma, they charge state sales tax
Rosland Capital is out of them

I guess if 25,000 is the minimum purchase from the mint, maybe it is time to look at a group buy!!! ha. Now, I just need someone to order the next 24, 990.

Dave

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gold and silver in quantities larger than just a few dollars will just be harder to use when the economy crashes.
I believe we will need that gold and silver when the common populas has no money or money has no value, If you have only large coins then how will they make change?
Gold jewlery will be more valuable than large coins because they will be easily carried and exchanged. Forget the valuable jewels because no one will be able to evaluate their value like they can gold and silver.

Just my two cents.

Yep, this. I was talking to a banker the other day about this. Basically, he said there's no infrastructure set up. Assuming the banking system collapses but the bank buildings don't, then what? They don't have scales to weigh ingots.
Also, in my opinion, if the fan is NOT hit by feces, you've invested all this cash into something that's not going to give you nearly as good of an ROI as if you'd put the same amount into other financial investments. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you do invest in silver/gold, don't *just* invest in those. Don't cash out your 401(k) to buy, clearly. :P Diversify.

That and the recent news about reputable gold dealers finding their ingots are actually just filled with tungsten, I'd be pretty leery of owning very much precious metal that wasn't of the copper/lead/brass combo variety.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't diversify into anything dollar-denominated (FRN-denominated). FRNs are headed toward the same value as all other colored paper tickets, zero. Your Apple equities value is irrelevant if FRNs are worthless.

I don't need bank infrstructure; they ain't gettin any of my silver anyway.

Silver IS money.
Silver = money.
Silver? Money.

Tungsten filled ingots are bullish for gold, not bearish. The supply of gold in the world just shrank by 100 Troy ounces.

Latest posts

Top Bottom