Gold and Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't need bank infrstructure; they ain't gettin any of my silver anyway.
...okay, not the banks then, but the post-disaster grocery stores certainly won't have scales either. My point was that Honeybee, et al, were right in that smaller items like solid, pure coins and jewelry were better options instead of larger amounts like you're likely to buy from a dealer.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...okay, not the banks then, but the post-disaster grocery stores certainly won't have scales either. My point was that Honeybee, et al, were right in that smaller items like solid, pure coins and jewelry were better options instead of larger amounts like you're likely to buy from a dealer.

Agreed, smaller is better for transaction purposes.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with ampex is that in Oklahoma, they charge state sales tax
Rosland Capital is out of them

I guess if 25,000 is the minimum purchase from the mint, maybe it is time to look at a group buy!!! ha. Now, I just need someone to order the next 24, 990.

Dave

http://www.providentmetals.com/
These people are easy to deal with too, no state tax either!

OKprep

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most important time period to not look over is the time period immediately before SHTF. In this time period, whether two weeks or two months, there will still be plenty of people taking silver and gold. Use this time to stock up on tangibles and move out of silver. Just like now is a good time to move from paper to silver...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some reading that might put silver and gold in a different light.

A trip back to 1964 proves Silver creates wealth
http://silverenthusiast.com/silver-creates-wealth/

13 States Now Considering Gold and Silver as Money
http://www.profitconfidential.com/gold-investments/13-states-now-considering-gold-and-silver-as-money/

Good info...but that is all done within the context of a relatively stable government and economy (even a sham economy can be 'stable' until it fails).

I'd be interested to see the data to support the worth/value/barterability of gold or silver during a total collapse, worldwide economic meltdown, global catastrophe etc....since that's pretty much never happened, I doubt there is data to support it.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info...but that is all done within the context of a relatively stable government and economy (even a sham economy can be 'stable' until it fails).

I'd be interested to see the data to support the worth/value/barter-ability of gold or silver during a total collapse, worldwide economic meltdown, global catastrophe etc....since that's pretty much never happened, I doubt there is data to support it.

Take history as a guide...

When the Romans were in power, silver and gold were the coins of the government. After Rome fell, the people still used those coins for trade and barter.

When the (Insert every other empire ever to exist that is not around today) were in power, silver and gold were the coins of the government. After (Insert every other empire ever to exist that is not around today) fell, the people still used those coins for trade and barter.

Could it be different when our empire collapses or if the entire world is in a lurch, sure, but why would it?

Edit: I am not saying that I am not buying lead and brass, or wheat and beans or band-aides but I am including bullion as well. I believe in balance and not over relying on one over any of the other. I mean, that is why we prep right? Because we don't rely on the status quo to remain that way and because we don't know what exactly will happen.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A side note off subject: For investment purposes and a hedge against the deflating value of the dollar, precious metals are the way to go. Au doesn't have the same room to run as Ag does though.

The Fed announced their open-ended quantitative easing (QE3) last week and the price of PMs has already gone up.

The train hasn't left the station yet as far as silvers per oz. cost....

Do you have a favorite place where you get good deals for silver/gold?

Coin stores will sell pre-'64 "junk" silver and bullion. If you want to buy currency like American Silver Eagles be prepared to NOT make the premium back at the local coin store if you decide to sell.

IMO, 1 oz. rounds and 10 oz. bars are easiest to get rid of if and when the time comes.

Just keep stacking!

Hey Mr. Coye,

The following question is a thought exercise to possibly demonstrate to these yahoos the validity of storing wealth in forms more value-dense than peanut butter:

Would you, now or in the future, accept silver in trade for one of your fine knives?

And, for the record, I store peanut butter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom