Gold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing. Post it here. I'd be interested as well. Otherwise Brown's Coins on SW 29th consistently pays the highest prices. I've done business with them for 20 years and have always been happy with them.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd hold it for as long as you can gold has challenged it's top 3 times now, soon it should break 2k and over shoot to around 2100 by years end IMO.

Now if you in a bind and have to sell here's what I'd do:

1. Collector coins (pre 1933 US Gold) let me know if you have these and I'll give you a couple ideas.
2. Bullion - American gold eagles/buffalo, call and get quotes from coin shops you should get around spot for them if not a bit more. Coin shops quotes change depending on needs. Don Coin in Tulsa would be the best here.
3. 14k scrap gold (10k or what ever):
This is a hard one and prices they'll pay is any where from 70% to 95% of melt.

The rub with this stuff is stamped 14k gold can be anywhere from 12k to 13k so it needs to be assayed unlike #2 that is controlled by governments. Mail in places typically low ball you with this in mind and their rip off factor. The best of these would be Tulsa Gold and Gems, they have a website that will at least tell you what they are paying.

Now the Best would be go directly to the refinery and skip the middle man, don't bother with pawn shops. Midwest Refinery is the one that will send you a check quick and pay 95% of what is assayed and left after melt. The guys that do this seem to prefer them and I haven't seen anyone complain after 10 years of following this market. They can be trusted not to rip you off.

Hope that help get your next new sweet gun :) really I hope it's for a need not a want, this isn't the time to sell.

l8r

Latest posts

Top Bottom