Good bipod that won't break the bank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay i will throw in my 2 cents. For as little as I use one the winner for the money for me seemed to be the blackhawk, it got great gear reviews and has been really easy to use so far. Just under 50 for the 6-9 inch with pivot and traverse.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've ordered a harris HBLMS now the question is do I use the ar mount for A2 Style handguards or go ahead and bite the bullet and get a free floating quad rail and low profile gas block so I just have to order the picatiny quick release? This rifle is already a heavy SOB, lugging it up four flights of stairs to the top of our tower to predator hunt sucks, is it worth the added weight? Do they really improve accuracy THAT much?

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harris makes an adapter that fits the standard hand guards. I think it is the HB5 adapter stud. Not sure if POI would shift or not. Would definitely test before hunting.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've ordered a harris HBLMS now the question is do I use the ar mount for A2 Style handguards or go ahead and bite the bullet and get a free floating quad rail and low profile gas block so I just have to order the picatiny quick release? This rifle is already a heavy SOB, lugging it up four flights of stairs to the top of our tower to predator hunt sucks, is it worth the added weight? Do they really improve accuracy THAT much?
You won't really need the quick release unless you just want it - with the Harris style mounts it's only a matter of seconds to remove or install the bipod from/to the stud of either the AR or rail mount adapter.

As for the other question - I can't tell that using the bipod mounted to the handguard makes any difference whatsoever regarding accuracy as compared to resting on a Caldwell beanbag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom