Good Precision Rifle Basic Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll probably sign up for the badlands class some time in the next year or so. I don't think my friend above teaches the class and I know I'll do just fine in it despite being a temperamental putz!

LOL. Can you PLEASE take a class from him. I would bring the popcorn for the show that would follow.

I would love to come to a class too, but it depends when it is. Anytime real soon and I won't have the funds for it.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go to an Appleseed marksmanship clinic. Appleseed does the best job of teaching the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship ANYWHERE, and we are a volunteer, non-profit organization so the fees are very reasonable. The cost is $70 for a regular weekend shoot, and $200 for a week-long Rifleman Boot Camp.

At a weekend marksmanship clinic, you will learn proper field positions, proper sling use, the 6 steps to firing the shot, the Inches/Minutes/Clicks method of zeroing, the Natural Point of Aim technique, and much more. You will have a chance to shoot the Army Qualification Test, and if you score Expert, you recieve our coveted Rifleman's patch. This course will give you all the skills necessary to hit a man-sized target out to 500 yards (the Rifleman's Quarter Mile) with a little persistance on your part.

If you go to a week-long Rifleman's Boot Camp, the training is more intensive and the focus is much more on actual distance shooting, out to at least 500 yards. You will learn several techniques for target detection, range estimation, wind correction, and engaging moving targets.

Appleseed is dedicated to restoring our nation's heritage of marksmanship and to preserving the memory of what our founding fathers accomplished in the Revolutionary War, so you will also learn some amazing Revolutionary War history at an Appleseed. Here is our website: www.appleseedinfo.org

If you have any questions about Appleseed, feel free to contact me, as I am the Appleseed State Coordinator for Oklahoma. Also, I will be at H&H with a group shooting AQTs this Wednesday, June 23 from 5:30 till 9, so come on by and see how we do things.

And a word about Bobby Whittington and Badlands Tactical... Bobby is one bad dude, and I would definitely recommend his courses. We hold Appleseeds on his facilities from time to time, and they are really outstanding. That is definitely one man who knows what he is about, I can tell you that. I have met Bobby several times and have seen his sniper school (though I've never found the time or money to actually participate in it), and he definitely runs a serious professional school down there in Grandfield. Appleseed would be a GREAT foundation for you to build on with one of Bobby's classes.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep that's Wes. He was banned but it looks like he's un-banned now.

I know Keith and a guy that shoots with him a lot. I haven't spoken to either of them in over two years though so I actually forgot about them but I wouldn't hesitate to pay to train with them. They are actually who got me started in LR shooting back in the day.

Off topic... so where does this Maddawg guy teach? I searched past posts to see if I could get a handle on why he responded like that and read the scope tard thread and he mentions he teaches LE. Maybe he could hold a class and give us an OSA discount....

My suspicion is he is the famous mausermike and that mausermike is Mike that is on the list of instructors on Badlands website.

I'm 99.99999% sure MD is MM, but only like 50% sure it is Mike from the list of instructors on Badlands website.

[Broken External Image]

LMAO, but seriously, I will break you.

awww.topnews.in_files_putin_0.jpg

If you need a seconda donna or terza donna, I would be happy to do the course at badlands with you. Plus, I think I could cause a distraction by being a bigger termperamental putz and probably a self infatuated schmuck.

We'll figure something out. I've got an idea and if I get some of the stuff thought out I may have something informal happening in the meantime. But, when I decide to take a bonafide class I'll get with you, Josh and vdub and see what works for all of us.

Picture saved!!!!!!!

I am going to attend as well to see if we can get his head to explode with the amount of putz that will show up!!!

If the dude that doesn't like you found out you were there his head would explode.

LOL. Can you PLEASE take a class from him. I would bring the popcorn for the show that would follow.

I would love to come to a class too, but it depends when it is. Anytime real soon and I won't have the funds for it.

I would love it. Yeah, It won't be at least until this fall when I've got the funds to take a $500 course plus ammo either.

Do yourself a favor and go to an Appleseed marksmanship clinic. Appleseed does the best job of teaching the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship ANYWHERE, and we are a volunteer, non-profit organization so the fees are very reasonable. The cost is $70 for a regular weekend shoot, and $200 for a week-long Rifleman Boot Camp.

At a weekend marksmanship clinic, you will learn proper field positions, proper sling use, the 6 steps to firing the shot, the Inches/Minutes/Clicks method of zeroing, the Natural Point of Aim technique, and much more. You will have a chance to shoot the Army Qualification Test, and if you score Expert, you recieve our coveted Rifleman's patch. This course will give you all the skills necessary to hit a man-sized target out to 500 yards (the Rifleman's Quarter Mile) with a little persistance on your part.

If you go to a week-long Rifleman's Boot Camp, the training is more intensive and the focus is much more on actual distance shooting, out to at least 500 yards. You will learn several techniques for target detection, range estimation, wind correction, and engaging moving targets.

Appleseed is dedicated to restoring our nation's heritage of marksmanship and to preserving the memory of what our founding fathers accomplished in the Revolutionary War, so you will also learn some amazing Revolutionary War history at an Appleseed. Here is our website: www.appleseedinfo.org

If you have any questions about Appleseed, feel free to contact me, as I am the Appleseed State Coordinator for Oklahoma. Also, I will be at H&H with a group shooting AQTs this Wednesday, June 23 from 5:30 till 9, so come on by and see how we do things.

And a word about Bobby Whittington and Badlands Tactical... Bobby is one bad dude, and I would definitely recommend his courses. We hold Appleseeds on his facilities from time to time, and they are really outstanding. That is definitely one man who knows what he is about, I can tell you that. I have met Bobby several times and have seen his sniper school (though I've never found the time or money to actually participate in it), and he definitely runs a serious professional school down there in Grandfield. Appleseed would be a GREAT foundation for you to build on with one of Bobby's classes.

Thank you. I've heard about appleseed and I'll definitely look into it. I think that would be a great class to build on with a course at Badlands.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's mausermike then he's legit. I shot with him when I was at badlands. I think he's kinda like me and just gets a bad wrap by the way he posts on the interwebz. He's a cool dude in person. If it's not him then I'd like to know his background.

Latest posts

Top Bottom