Got any AK-74 fans here?? Specifically Bakelite Mags in 5.45x39.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLawMan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve acquired a stack of what I believe to be East German AK-74 Bakelite mags(4 orange, 2 black) and 1 circle 10 Bulgarian(I think) mag. All 5.45x39, standard capacity 30rd. If anyone could please help me ID these mags and any info about them at all would be much appreciated. Id also really like to know about the value of the mags as well, since I have no actual use for them and will eventually part with them. If any more pics are needed just ask and I’ll be happy to get ya some close ups.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5637.jpeg
    IMG_5637.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5649.jpeg
    IMG_5649.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
  • IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
  • IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5633.jpeg
    IMG_5633.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@leemozoid was needing some if you part ways with them. As far as price goes roughly $45-$85 each depending on the condition and if they have steel feed lip reinforcements. Might check GB for more accurate pricing and look at the no reserve sells. Also, some may have mold numbers and Cyrillic lettering and those obviously bring more $ in this market.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of those east German mags that had the tops painted black had 223 followers put in them. They were for the wieger stg. Sometimes the floor plate will be marked 223. I've got a couple and they work with 545 no problem.

TheLawMan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of those east German mags that had the tops painted black had 223 followers put in them. They were for the wieger stg. Sometimes the floor plate will be marked 223. I've got a couple and they work with 545 no problem.
Ah! Thank You for that info. I had a WASR 3 I parted ways with about 6 years ago, because finding magazines was such a pain. Someone did tell me that 545 mags would work, but would need a few alterations, so I never really tried. Wish I’d found these earlier! Lol.
As to a 223 marking, actually None of them, even the painted ones, have no markings anywhere on the mag other than the numbers on the right side. Would you happen to know anything about the slight differences in the followers and lugs on the 4 unpainted mags? The 2 followers on the left seem to be a polymer of some sort and the other 2 are metal. And the left 2 also have U cuts in the top of the lug. I’m just wondering if this was just how they evolved though production, or other reasons? Also, I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but the 2 with poly followers and cuts are numbered conservatively 42 & 43, and the metal followers are 19 & 32.

Attachments

• IMG_5696.jpeg
    IMG_5696.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

TheLawMan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@leemozoid was needing some if you part ways with them. As far as price goes roughly $45-$85 each depending on the condition and if they have steel feed lip reinforcements. Might check GB for more accurate pricing and look at the no reserve sells. Also, some may have mold numbers and Cyrillic lettering and those obviously bring more $ in this market.
Thank You! Yes, they all have steel feed lip reinforcements, as you can see them peaking out from under the Bakelite. As for lettering or markings on the EG mags, the only markings are the mold numbers on the right side, down by the base plate, and that’s it. I’ve been surfing GB and there seems to be such a wide range of pricing, but to be honest, my estimate was similar to yours at 50-100 each. I definitely will be posting them up soon, but I just wanted to consult here first, because I always get such great feedback on this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_5697.jpeg
    IMG_5697.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom