Got my engraving certificate!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saweeeet!

How do you decide upon the design?

How do you get all those different floral patterns to blend and flow together?

I could pick your brain for hours.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!! My grandfather had an engraver working for him. He owned a small printing company and he engraved steel plates for printing. Not sure if same type but remember he did it backwards in cursive. Great talent.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, @PR-6284, I'm curious on how one obtains an Engraving Certificate and from whom? Could you maybe post a pic of it? I've never seen one and I bet a lot here haven't either.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis - the certificate was not a requirement, just something that I wanted to do.

Snattlerake - the designs are picked out of a book that shows over a thousand designs.

Cowcatcher - I spent 3 years working as an apprentice from an elderly German man, who spent over 30 years as an engraver at Holland and Holland, doing hand engraving on their double rifles.

The engraving I am doing is done with hand tools, and cut into the steel, using tool specific cutters and chisels.

druryj - I do not post any type of documents on-line. One would have to visit my shop and look at it hanging on the wall.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it.

I can certainly understand and respect that. Color me impressed with your work, and the work you undertook to earn it. I suspect engraving is like doing sculpture out of stone in that one little mistake at the end of the project and a lot of hard work was for naught!

Latest posts

Top Bottom