Got my new Taurus HGPT745

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my new Taurus HGPT745 in the other day. Bought it new from Robertsons Trading Post on the net. Very nice people to deal with. I kinda did a "no-no" yesterday. While I haven't had a chance yet to fire it, I stuck it in a slide holster I had and wore an untucked shirt over it while I went on a trip to Greenville, TX to pick up some shrimp my in-laws had got for me during the season (I live about 13 miles from the Kansas State line). The HGPT745 is the slimmest version of Taurus' sub-compact .45's. One thing I had a problem with is I could only get 5 cartridges into that 6 round mag. The sixth round wasn't even close. I'll need to take that mag apart and see what the problem is. Going to Frontier City today, and think I'll just take my standby Kel-tec P3AT in my pocket.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still haven't shot my Taurus yet, but I tried my other magazine, and 6 rounds fit in it just fine. Today I took the other magazine apart, just looked it over and worked it a little, put it back together, and it's just fine. I'll run out to the country tomorrow to put some rounds down the tube and make sure my mags are all feeding well.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the Taurus out and shot it today. I was on duty, so mostly fired it for function and to see how my HP's would feed through it. I just ran one quick mag through it with no problems. I was kinda all over the paper at 10 yards, but I was in a hurry. I loved the trigger. Just sold a .40 Millinium, older model with a TERRIBLE trigger...DAO. This little pistol has a very light trigger pull (it has a manual safety), but what makes it different is if you have a fail to fire, the trigger switches to double action, and you can simply pull the trigger again. I think I'm going to like it....especially for $373 delivered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom