Gotta love the SHTF threads!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you'd recommend staying put then? It's seems that the type of disaster would dictate whether it's better say or go.

You bring up an great point. I wonder how many people think in a SHTF situation that it will become an everyone for himself situation?
I'm not recommending either staying put or bugging out, there's merit to both and it's too personal a choice. I'm saying that you need to have a support system in place for either scenario to work. If you're on your own (even with a significant other), there's too few people to share all the work, stand watch, cook, laundry, tend the youngsters, tend the necessary animals, stand watch, bathe, toilet, hunt, stand watch (if you get the idea that you're going to HAVE TO mount a 24 hr guard, and that guard needs to be more than one person, or become a statistic, 365 days a year until order is restored, you're finally getting it) ad nauseum. In amongst all this, you'll also have to farm...or you're gonna starve in fairly short order. All the food in the stores will be gone inside of 2 weeks either from looters or spoilage. Remember, a full on SHTF ultimately means no juice after a very short period, so no refrigeration. My guess is this will take not much longer than a month, 2 at the outside. Hope y'all have extra kerosene, mantles and chimneys for your Alladin lamps!
Something like this won't end in a week.

If you haven't read a book called "Patriots - Surviving the Coming Collapse" by James Wesley Rawles (ISBN 1-56384-155-X), do yourself a favor.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all you hunker down types...if you don't have lots of plans in place that include your neighbors, you aren't gonna make it.

For all you head for the hills types...if you don't have lots of plans in place that include your neighbors, you aren't gonna make it.

No man is an island. If you think you can pull non-stop watch for the squatters, drifters, ne'er do wells etc, you're dreaming.

Why do you think towns got started in the first place? Being on your own is too damn hard, and has a seriously high mortality rate.

Nonsense!!! What is this logicspeak?!!!

I mean, Willl Smith did it in Legend so it has to be true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom