Granny’s pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, a little history about my grandma.

Born in the early 1900’s, she was a woman ahead of her time. She was a businesswoman at heart and engaged in businesses that were reserved for men at the time. If someone told her she couldn’t, you can bet your britches she would. She was a Methodist preacher back before women were “allowed” to preach. But don’t let her religion fool you because she also put Bonnie and Clyde up for a few nights when they were making a run through eastern Oklahoma.

For a long time, she carried an old OK Highway Patrol S&W 357 in her purse but when she got older, she started carrying this Taurus in 38 Special. In the 80’s, she would ask me to drive her around to do her business. One day, she had me stop at the local bank and told me to stay in the car. About 30 mins later, she came out and got in the car, followed immediately by the security guard who sternly said, “Ma’am, you need to come back inside with me?” To make a long story short, she had been in her safety deposit box and had laid her 357 on the counter and folded the box lid over the top of it, then overlooked the gun as she left. Due to her status at the bank, the bank manager wouldn’t allow any charges to be pressed against her.

My grandma died in ‘99 and my mom died in ‘19. I was going through some stuff in one of my mom’s storage buildings this past week and when I got to the very back, there was a dresser. In the bottom drawer was my grandma’s purse. In the bottom of that purse, was this old Taurus. It has been in there for the last 20 years so I was surprised to find it virtually rust free. Problem is, the frame is cracked. I’m pretty sure it can’t be repaired but thought I’d post here, just in case.

Thoughts? If nothing else, I’ll just put it on display to pay homage to my grandma.
875EC44E-FA97-431C-B59C-BE11AD594D24.jpeg
D780312E-3833-47FB-942A-CBAD5EE29A4D.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom