Grappling/Ground Fighting Class in 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of our more serious students have been trying to get us to put on a 2 day ground fighting class that would be based on things like in-fight weapons access. This course would not be a UFC type class. So, if that's something that you've been interested in doing, you'll have to check out Team Nogera's school, not this one. Instead, this course would be geared toward survival, period! Winning at all costs. If you would like to see something like this happen would you please respond to this thread?

The instructors for this class are going to be Billy Smith and Eric Stacy, both very experienced grappling instructors and defensive tactics experts. The things that we teach in our Advanced Concealed Carry Course are great. People love the information we give them in the class but they always leave wanting more. More ground work, more knife training, more in-fight weapons access. The things that we would be able to do during this two day course are limited only to time. We would be able to spend lots of time on things that you've been wanting to learn.

I look forward to the responses to this inquiry. We appreciate the feedback that we've gotten from our students and that's why we inquiring about the interest in this training venue.

Stay safe and thank you to everybody on here who supports and trains with TDSA Tulsa, Inc.

Cheers. :sunbath:

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marshall, do you know where you are thinking of holding this? Will this be a male only class, or are you thinking of doing a women's self defense class as well? I would love to see you do that. I don't know of anyone in the Tulsa area that is doing that for women.

Marshall Luton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There might be. I think it would be beneficial to incorporate marking cartridges into training like this. I can tell you this for sure, the Advanced Concealed Carry class is full of force on force training.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Marshall, this is a great idea. I have been taking JKD for a while and it is a "by any means necessary" type of fighting geared more for self-defense than competitive fighting.

I would defintely be interested in taking this class as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom