Great day outside so took the 6.5 creed for a 12 round walk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all changes with the lot numbers of the factory powders and factory loads.
They stay pretty consistent for the most part, but there have been occasions when the same powder does not perform at the same level even though it has the same name. They formulate those powders in batches giving them lot numbers so you know which batch you're using, and then you have inconsistencies in the factory loading process that rarely has issues, but there have been recalls of bad ammo.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@steelfingers, I'm getting a 6.5 Creemoor barrel for my AR-10. I've bought the Hornady Match ELD in 140 and 147 as I've heard great things about them. They should be more accurate than a hunting load, not that those aren't shooting pretty dang good

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@steelfingers, I'm getting a 6.5 Creemoor barrel for my AR-10. I've bought the Hornady Match ELD in 140 and 147 as I've heard great things about them. They should be more accurate than a hunting load, not that those aren't shooting pretty dang good
The hunting rounds were just in my bag. On sale somewhere and I bought it. I've shot the Match Eld in both 140 1n 147 and intend to test it with the others but left off list.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your paralax at whatever range you are shooting at and make sure its right. Just because the paralax knob is set at 100yd and you are shooting 100yd does not mean its right. The yardage marked on most are wrong.
The 6.5 Creed should be super sonic out past 1300yards.
I hear a lot of people complain that they cant get any ELD anything, especially in 6.5, to shoot consistently. A change to something else may be in order if you cant get it to do what you want.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 6.5 creed. I've been running the same AW 129gn you are shooting. It shoots well so far. I did snag some Black 140gn while academy had it on sale for $14.99 a box. I plan to reload it eventually as I do all my other calibers.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used the Win 125 grain yesterday, and it really liked it. Excellent results at 200 yards and will be trying it out at 300 when the rain stops. Going to still use paper out to 400 even though I have steel out to 500.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the weather today isn't quite as nice as yesterday was. I've got several steel targets around 100yds. I've got plenty of room to go as far as I want. Just gotta get in the shop and build more targets. Shooting paper definitely gives a more precise story but I like hearing steel ring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom