Great results with Talon Grips on my Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was having problems gripping my Glock 43 during timed fire stages. First shot was always fine, but I started losing the following shots. The pistol would start shifting in my grip and then I would start anticipating recoil in an effort to control it which made my shots go down and to the left.

I added the Talon Grips and could not believe the improvement!

Attachments

• 20200802_082655.jpg
    20200802_082655.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200802_084110.jpg
    20200802_084110.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200802_083952.jpg
    20200802_083952.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 108

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was having problems gripping my Glock 43 during timed fire stages. First shot was always fine, but I started losing the following shots. The pistol would start shifting in my grip and then I would start anticipating recoil in an effort to control it which made my shots go down and to the left.

I added the Talon Grips and could not believe the improvement!
Nice! I've gone with their granulate grip tape as well on my carry and home defense pistols. I absolutely love it. I purchased their rubber grip tape for my G48, and quickly switched to the granulate. For me, the difference is night and day. Some say it's too rough, but I love it on my guns.

On a side note, I was at first timid to put this thing in a sonic cleaner for fear that it would loosen the grip tape. My fears were alleviated, and my guns have survived 2 rounds of sonic cleaning without any damage or loosening of the Talon grips. Just FYI.

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice group!

I run the Talon granulated version on all my GSSF Glocks. Well except one that sometimes sees concealed carry use but it is a Gen 3 RTF2 which is much more aggressive than other factory Glocks. I also run a small piece of the same material far forward on the side of the frame for my support grip thumb. And a small piece on the front of the grip extension. So much more control, but I can’t use it for concealed carry.

I carry IWB and AIWB it abrades my skin too much and snags my outer-garment. I need to try the rubber based version one of these days.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run the rubber version on gen 4s. Those things chew my hands up. I got a bit of the OCD and wash my hands probably 20 times a day. So the rough texture plus my dried out digits don't work well.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice group!

I run the Talon granulated version on all my GSSF Glocks. Well except one that sometimes sees concealed carry use but it is a Gen 3 RTF2 which is much more aggressive than other factory Glocks. I also run a small piece of the same material far forward on the side of the frame for my support grip thumb. And a small piece on the front of the grip extension. So much more control, but I can’t use it for concealed carry.

I carry IWB and AIWB it abrades my skin too much and snags my outer-garment. I need to try the rubber based version one of these days.
I have the rubber version on my Shield and it definitely helps. Talon grips help so much that I have just about decided that any polymer frame needs them. My HKs don't have them yet, they don't squirm like Glocks and M&Ps for some reason, but they might get them anyway.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the rubber version on my Shield and it definitely helps. Talon grips help so much that I have just about decided that any polymer frame needs them. My HKs don't have them yet, they don't squirm like Glocks and M&Ps for some reason, but they might get them anyway.

I run a stippled backstrap on my 1st generation M&Ps. No need on the 2.0s though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom