Green tomatoes ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here it is..
Ingredients

• 6 quarts green tomatoes - cut into fourths
  • 2 quarts chopped onions
  • 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
  • 1 cup jalapeno peppers - chopped
  • 3/4 cup salt
  • 5 cups sugar
  • 1/2 gallon white vinegar
  • 1 tsp. mustard seed
LOL, thanks for making me look..

OMG I ADORE you!! :thanku::spaghetti::bighug:

PM me your addy. I have something for you!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slice the green tomatoes 3/4” thick, marinate in Italian salad dressing and cook like a steak on the grill. Cook at low heat. If the maters are slightly Pink, cook them on hi heat.
In the oven, cook the same way. Create a gravy with bacon grease, when the gravy is done and thick, spoon it on top of the baked tomatoes.
Watch it closely while cooking on low broil. When the gravy “cracks” it’s time to eat.

We eat squash and tomatoes cooked on the grill more than the ripe versions used for other things

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slice the green tomatoes 3/4” thick, marinate in Italian salad dressing and cook like a steak on the grill. Cook at low heat. If the maters are slightly Pink, cook them on hi heat.
In the oven, cook the same way. Create a gravy with bacon grease, when the gravy is done and thick, spoon it on top of the baked tomatoes.
Watch it closely while cooking on low broil. When the gravy “cracks” it’s time to eat.

We eat squash and tomatoes cooked on the grill more than the ripe versions used for other things

Thanks! I may try the grilled ones Sunday night but I dunno about that gravy stuff. Lol I didn't get this figure by being picky but gravy on green tomatoes sounds ... Ahhhh ... Hmmmm ... Well ... "Not right" lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I may try the grilled ones Sunday night but I dunno about that gravy stuff. Lol I didn't get this figure by being picky but gravy on green tomatoes sounds ... Ahhhh ... Hmmmm ... Well ... "Not right" lol

You may be surprised on how good the gravy addition is.
We have converted many to this addition to fried green tomatoes
Another layer of flavor.

Uzi

Marksman
Reaction score
Fried green tomatoes.

Slice 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick, roll in flour, dip in egg wash then roll in Italian seasoned bread crumbs.

Fry in skillet in peanut oil on medium heat until tender and well browned, remove and set on a cooking rack or paper towels to drain.

Green tomato relish.....I make and can about 80 pints a year......we love it and it makes a great spontaneous gift to friends and family.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is..
Ingredients

• 6 quarts green tomatoes - cut into fourths
  • 2 quarts chopped onions
  • 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
  • 1 cup jalapeno peppers - chopped
  • 3/4 cup salt
  • 5 cups sugar
  • 1/2 gallon white vinegar
  • 1 tsp. mustard seed
LOL, thanks for making me look..
Also Heck Yea

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I do Squash like that love it will have to try tomatoes

Latest posts

Top Bottom