Greenhouse progression build..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful day today, Finally !! Got started on the greenhouse, 7 cattle panels and 8 pcs of PT 2x12s a bit over 29 feet 3inches long x 8ft wide x 6'6" tall.. Put the base down and installed the panels.. A good many fence staples and a SLEW of twisted wire to make the panels become 1.. Next comes some dirt work / leveling and to put the floor down...
20191102_170816.jpg

Attachments

• 20191102_170754.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 20191102_170722.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 152

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been think'n about building one to attach to the south end of my house to enclose the kitchen windows. I could use the heat captured by the greenhouse to help heat my house during the day (just open one of the kitchen windows). My house is pretty tight and wouldn't require much heat gain to make it work. Oh, and tomatoes….

Just think'n out loud.....

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! I'm sure you've researched needing to reduce heat as well as gaining heat when needed.
I built a smaller greenhouse years ago and even in 40 degree weather, I was getting temps up to 90 inside the greenhouse with full sun before installing a powered vent that had internal controls to run the fan according to temps. Burned up a couple loads of seedlings to hi heat.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. :thumb:

I threatened to build a greenhouse for years, but things happen and time can get away from ya.

I had the materials for a bit so I had my fair share of procrastination.. It was time I took some action though..

Keep us posted. :drunk2:
Man, that really looks nice!

Skeleton as of now but by the end of the thread it'll fit the nice.. Thank you sir..

Nice!

You gonna start growing dope?

Actually, I'm gonna plant .22, 9mm and 5.56 freedom seeds and grow boolit bushes..

Looks more like a hoop house

OK, it's a hoop house as of now, But it'll metamorphosis into a green house once full of plants..

Latest posts

Top Bottom