Greetings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shucker

New to the site!
Reaction score
Relatively new to the area. I'm interested in obtaining some basic training with the defensive shotgun, a basic "here's who to operate it and keep it running" course just to get started. I'm also curious if a person who is not an OK resident can purchase a shotgun here. I'm from another state and my dl is still valid for a while and I've got a CCP from another state that is reciprocal to Oklahoma.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma

§21 1288. Purchases of firearms, ammunition and equipment in contiguous states by Oklahoma residents Purchases in Oklahoma by residents of contiguous states.

(a) Residents of the State of Oklahoma may purchase rifles, shotguns, ammunition, cartridge and shotgun shell handloading components and equipment in a state contiguous to the State of Oklahoma, provided that such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968, and regulations thereunder, as administered by the United States Secretary of the Treasury and provided further that such residents conform to the provisions of law applicable to such purchase in the State of Oklahoma and in the contiguous state in which the purchase is made.
(b) Residents of a state contiguous to the State of Oklahoma may purchase rifles, shotguns, ammunition, cartridge and shotgun shell handloading components and equipment in the State of Oklahoma provided that such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968, and regulations thereunder, as administered by the United States Secretary of the Treasury and provided further that such residents conform to the provisions of law applicable to such purchase in the State of Oklahoma and in the state in which such persons reside.

Laws 1969, c. 230, § 1, emerg. eff. April 21, 1969.

Latest posts

Top Bottom