"Group buy" for S&W m-64s from J&G Sales?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they will ship to one ffl address and payment is made at one time. Not individual payments. If you want the multi gun discount that is. Someone take payments. Cash preferred (me anyway) collect it from everyone. Call j&g with the order, ship to your ffl, let buyers come to ffl and pickup their guns. we distributed as they were entered in the ffl book. No picking and choosing. first come first served. It ain't hard gents.

**there must be 5 guns going to any one ffl for discount.
so if you are gonna do tulsa And okc, then you must have 5 each. what they told me on the last one anyway..btw, another note. when you get your final tally, then call them. They will ship a little cheaper than the web ordering. Not much but a little.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will J&G not take individual cashiers checks from all of us to add up to the total of five or more guns? That way an FFL would not have to charge sales tax.

no they will not. have non-ffl make the order, do transfer through the dealer. No sales tax required.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would also suggest keeping a running list of who wants one (in the thread), then updated as they pay. THis is the easiest way for everyone to know when you are ready to go. Makes keeping everyone in the loop much easier.

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like the model 64's are going pretty quick.
I'm completely willing to let someone else get one in my place. I'd like to get one that's SA/DA and in a little nicer condition anyway, although it's still a pretty cheap price for a great quality "beater gun".
I sure hope it all works out for everyone involved.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, is it too late to jump onboard? If not, I'm in.

I might need some direction from some of the more experienced folks as to whom I pay the money to etc. I'm willing to be available for cash ftf if need be.

Thanks
Scott

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We missed the batch of M-64s, as they were only available for less than a week. I have seen dealers who bought them, now listing them on gunbroker for $300-$375 so they were a pretty decent deal for 210 bucks. J&G will get more in we just have to be a little more ready next time,... and what we have learned is the following:

1. J&G will only take ONE payment for the "group buy" shipment.
2. It can be cashiers check or credit card over the phone and they don't
charge any additional fees for using a credit card.
3. They will hold an order with a credit card full payment over the phone by
an individual before the FFL paper work is faxed to them.

We had over 20 people interested in this group buy, and it takes a long time to get everyone to show up and pay their money to the FFL. So next time J&G has a good "group buy" deal, the first five people need to bring cash to the FFL and he needs to reserve the guns with a credit card. If other people want to get in on it they need to pay within a few days and increase the order on the credit card. The shipping fee might go down with more guns, but that money can be refunded later, everyone should pay the same amount to keep it simple.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just a thought. Anybody can PM me with contact info. Just a first name and phone# would work.

If/when we get word that J&G gets another batch of these in (Or anything else that we'd like to put a group buy together for.) I can just start down the list making calls and collecting funds.:idea:

Latest posts

Top Bottom