Group buy Mosin Nagant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah man, I just figured the couple of dudes that were there hanging around were some of the lesser known names on those buy lists, didn't know they were anybody I'd recognize or would recognize me.

BB, had you brought cookies you could have parked on my foot and still walked away with your hip intact.

I was right behind you with my 4 year old, he might have given you one to the hip if you hadnt shared the cookies...

HippyG22M3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Donald and wife! I got lucky and got a laminated stock, its beautiful!! I was
cussing the traffic jam on 44 until after that, had it not been for that mine would
have been a normal stock.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a question. I just finished the stock and think I got 99% of the cosmo off...Question is it looks(the finish stain whatever) is a little thin in places. Suppose some wood oil would bring it back or should I restain it? Hmmmm might have to sink some money into this(HORRORS).

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dissambled my first Mosin, a 1943 model, and set the barrel and stock out in the sun and I think I have most of the cosmo out of the stock. The barrel has alot of crap in the barrel and still working on getting out the cosmo from the bolt lug channels. The other is a 1939 model, which looks to have better finish than the 1943, figures for a WWII production. However, both look a little better than the Mosins for sale at the gun show. Met Honeybee and his wife, great people can't say enough on the job he did on setting all of this up!

I hope to get them out to the range soon.

PS I would hate getting skewered with the bayonet!

Verdigris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice to meet Mr. and Mrs. Bee today at the pickup. Snagged a pair of 1939s that were absolutely beautiful. No hexes, no laminates but still just gorgeous pieces of manufacturing. One's a Tula, the other's an Izhevsk (or however the deuce it's spelled).

Thanks again for putting this together. :)

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine all sparkly and put back together. I had the stock outside in the sun for a couple of hours to get the process started, then I wrapped it in newspaper and put it up in my attic for another 3-4 hours, there was no comso on my paper and doing another wipe down showed very minimal residue on the towel. So either I'm too impatient or most of it has bled out.

I disassembled the bolt assembly and wiped off all that gunk and then boiled the pieces for a couple of minutes with a tiny bit of Dial dish soap, which naturally opened up some pores of the metal and made it look like crap (which I expected), but after some steel polish and a swipe of CLP, it looks really good. I also poured boiling water over the receiver and down the barrel until the water was no longer oily, let air dry, and then applied CLP there. Reassembled now and it looks really good. The wood's finish is in decent shape, but could use some love in a couple of spots.

I couldn't be happier, Honeybee, thanks again!

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought as many guns to OKC as I could, will be back next weekend with the rest of them
PM me your phone number to make sure I have it and I will call you when we are on our way and let you know where we are going to be.

AND I will bring enough ammo next time so if anyone wants any more...........

Donald