Growing tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, one of the better years for me.
Some things were delayed because we had so many cloudy days. The up side of that is I am still harvesting Kohlarbi now.

Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No trouble, but some of my pepper plants are "dwarfed".

They are pretty short, but damn bushy, can't hardly get to the peppers they are so thick.

Most of these are asian/thai peppers and I can't remember if they get very tall, but they seem pretty short and stocky this year.

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No trouble, but some of my pepper plants are "dwarfed".

They are pretty short, but damn bushy, can't hardly get to the peppers they are so thick.

Most of these are asian/thai peppers and I can't remember of they got very tall, but they seem pretty short and stocky this year.

I misread your post..... never mind what I said

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had an initial EXPLOHSHUN of zucchini, but we thinned them out and are down to a couple every few days instead of 2-4 per day like we were. Nothing else appreciable. Tomatoes are few and being eaten by bugs. Had a couple cucumbers. Peppers aren't going nuts - I think there's a few on the plants.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing with how much rain we had that your reports of poor gardens exactly like mine. I did a soil analysis after the first of the year, and planted accordingly, but my plants look spindly. Realized that the soil test is probably not valid after that much rain, so I'm going to start big time feeding of the maters and others with fertilizer. My soil test said I didn't need any fertilizer as I till a dozen or so bales of hay into the garden every winter to produce natural fertilizer.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a shot of one of my pepper gardens. I started all of these on 2/1, put them in the ground around 4/16.

I have about 5-6 varieties of Asian peppers, some serranos, jalapenos, and habaneros.

Oddly the plants in my second garden, that were mostly the "stragglers" of the starts, are actually getting more height, but aren't producing as much. They were essentially the "runts" of the starts, went into the bed later than these plants.

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_ec5cff1d_0025_440e_ae0b_1721c92be2a7_zpsnzuut3cl.jpg

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a tornado of sorts that knocked my peppers and tomatoes over with the cages. Everything that didn't need a cage did amazing. I've been giving away grocery bags full of pickling cucumbers every day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a tornado of sorts that knocked my peppers and tomatoes over with the cages. Everything that didn't need a cage did amazing. I've been giving away grocery bags full of pickling cucumbers every day.

My tomato's went stupid last year. I donated bags of them to the senior citizens lunch program all summer.

This year, its not happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom