Gun Appraisals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My insurnace wanted the same thing. I'll tell you what I did to see if they take it, my insurance did.

1. looked up gun in the blue book, copied the page
2. on gunbroker, found the gun as a 'sold item', or it not sold, then on the current listings- printed the page.

explained to insurance that the NRA blue book values are an accumulation a lot of sales, data, and research.

I also explained to them that i really did not know where to find an apraiser in Tulsa.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did pretty much the same thing, copied the page out of the 2010 Blue Book of Gun Values, Highlighted the Model, Condition, and Value and they accepted that as the value. For any I had the receipt on, that's what I copied.

OUgunnut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are an NRA member you can do Arms Care Plus and they don't even need to know what you have unless it's worth more than $2500. You just give them the value of any and all guns under $2500. Guns over $2500 you tell them what it is plus any accessories. No appraisals are required unless it's like $10k or more for an item.

Latest posts

Top Bottom