Gun buy regret

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a Savage 93R17 for prairie doggin when they first came out. It was stainless, had thumbhole stock, looked good, shot good, loved the then new accutrigger. Got nervous when reports started coming out about the developing infamous 93 bolt issues Savage wouldn't warrantee, decided to sell it off before it started acting up, regretted once again buying early models just to beta test for a company. Picked up an anchutz. Wished I waited for the Ruger precision 17, but overall petty happy with the end result.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
First handgun I ever bought Ruger Security Six. First one I sold. I couldn't hit a barn wall if I was standing inside it shooting out. Browning BDA 45 was next. I hated the upright grip angle. Went back to my Springfield 1911.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I traded a tricked out Glock 19 I built and traded off because I had to have an AR-10. Hated it from day one. I really that Glock too.

On a side note, I added a bi-pod to the AR-10 and found a guy down south who traded me an M1A scout that I had been dying to own.

Turned out really good for me in the end. I sold off some stuff on the AR-10 and made 300 bucks. When it all came out, I'm in my Scout for 850, so I'm happy.

Still miss that Glock though

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not buy it but really wanted to until I picked it up. I do not even remember the name but those Russian (I think) revolvers with the lowered barrel. Grip felt weird in my hand and it pointed like a brick.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First gun I bought was the first gun I sold. Taurus PT145.

Wish I could say that was the only one that ever happened on, but looking back over there years, there have been plenty. Good thing is that if you buy smart you won't lose money on the deal I suppose.

I had a PT145, finally sold it after sending it to the factory 3 times for repairs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom