Gun free WMA's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay, so I have been going out after work and on weekends. I haven't seen anything yet but am optimistic.

Youth gun season fires up next weekend. And after that Muzzleloader follows the following weekend. Where can a guy go to avoid the shelling that will occur come rifle/muzzleloader season? I'm reading the regs and I see certain areas around Tulsa (my area) say that deer gun is "open during the first nine days only". Does that mean that I just have to sit out for nine days and then I can go back to my spot and be safe from crossfire?

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most WMAS are open the first 9 days of gun season only. Then its back to bow hunters only. I hunt the muzzleloader season with a muzzleloader on the wma I hunt on and its a far cry from the pressure of regular gun season. Its a awesome time to be in the woods as the pre rut is in full swing. I killed a good 8 point last year with my muzzleloader on Oct 28th. Saw 4 or 5 other trucks out there but that was it. I wear my orange and wave my flashlight like crazy on the way out after dark, even sing out loud a little. lol. There are some areas on the wma I hunt that are close to residential areas that are bow only all season. I stick to those with my bow when regular gun season comes in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom