Gun identification and value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Posting for a friend who is helping an elderly lady who recently lost her husband value and possibly liquidate some of his things including firearms. He says the gun below was found, and the gun is virtually unmarked as far as a maker is concerned. Consensus has it as a custom mauser possibly in a 22-250 (ammo in cabinet but no other gun in that caliber)but who knows? The scope is a lyman spot target scope which I believe can bring a pretty penney themselves.
Any info you can give as far as make, model, value, etc. is appreciated.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Attachments

• 3333_zpsdf7e70e6.jpg
    3333_zpsdf7e70e6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 221

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd guess it's a custom mauser, left hand stock. If it's a custom barrel there should be a mark or name on the barrel, maybe under stock. If it's a 22-250 and without the scope or knowing who made the barrel, I'd Hazzard a guess of a few hundred to 500.

Personally the scope may be worth more than the gun, although it's a beautiful rifle.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd guess it's a custom mauser, left hand stock. If it's a custom barrel there should be a mark or name on the barrel, maybe under stock. If it's a 22-250 and without the scope or knowing who made the barrel, I'd Hazzard a guess of a few hundred to 500.

Personally the scope may be worth more than the gun, although it's a beautiful rifle.

I guessed the scope at $500-$650 alone from what I've seen lately. It will be a fixed power 10x or 20x or 30x or 40x.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's Lyman Targetspot as stated in the OP. I've never laid eyes on an Unertl, have you Fyrtwuck? I've seen a couple of the Lymans here and there over the years.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never laid eyes on an Unertl, have you Fyrtwuck?

I've seen several Unertls at the Wanenmacher show, with the usual eye-popping price tags. An 8X version was mounted on a M1903-A1 USMC sniper rig, and IIRC the price for the package was $18K :shocked:

Latest posts

Top Bottom