Gun Maint - Lube, solvent, rust preventative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And where can one get this stuff? I assume it doesn't go bad, so mixing up some would just last me a lot longer.

Also, any uses for grease on any gun parts?

I've also heard of using paste wax (??) on blued finished guns for protection, is this something I should be doing?

You should find the naptha at the hardware store and the Mobil at the autoparts store.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using the Tetra products and Breakfree for quite a while. I particularly like using the Tetra grease on the slides of my semi-auto pistols.I alos spent some time rubbing it in to the surface of my blued mags to help prevent corrosion from my toxic sweat.
There have been some pretty positive claims for using Mobil-1 in semi-auto rifles, in particular that it is very good a preventing carbon build up, or at least makes any carbon deposits very easy to remove. When I can afford to shoot my semi-auto rifle I then I'll go to Mobil-1.

About Militec, I have a bottle of it but have never used it since I read the GAO report on why it was removed from Federal inventory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom