Gun Maint - Lube, solvent, rust preventative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ARISE THREAD!

I am a recent convert to the Church of Ballistol. It cleans, lubricates, and protects metal. It also protects wood and leather. It cleans and protects my BP revolver like a champ. Though it is not strictly approved for this use by the FDA, it was developed by (and is still used by) the Germans to disinfect minor cuts and scrapes. I am also pretty sure that exposure to it will increase the size of your genitals by at least an inch.

Based on my use/testing so far, it's replaced Hoppe's #9 and gun oil for me. It doesn't seem to be as tough on copper fouling as Butch's, and it's not as good for hosing out massive carbon fouling as Gun Scrubber, but for routine cleaning it's awesome. I threw the can in my cleaning kit where it immediately pimp-slapped the Hoppe's and the CLP and made them sit at the bottom of the box, where they will wait until I run out of Ballistol, and then they will see use only until I take delivery of more Ballistol.

Problem: it doesn't smell as good as Hoppe's.
Solution: I am buying a Hoppe's #9 air freshener to replace my actual bottle of Hoppe's.

Also does anyone know where I can find this stuff locally in Tulsa?

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ARISE THREAD!

I am a recent convert to the Church of Ballistol. It cleans, lubricates, and protects metal. It also protects wood and leather. It cleans and protects my BP revolver like a champ. Though it is not strictly approved for this use by the FDA, it was developed by (and is still used by) the Germans to disinfect minor cuts and scrapes. I am also pretty sure that exposure to it will increase the size of your genitals by at least an inch.

Based on my use/testing so far, it's replaced Hoppe's #9 and gun oil for me. It doesn't seem to be as tough on copper fouling as Butch's, and it's not as good for hosing out massive carbon fouling as Gun Scrubber, but for routine cleaning it's awesome. I threw the can in my cleaning kit where it immediately pimp-slapped the Hoppe's and the CLP and made them sit at the bottom of the box, where they will wait until I run out of Ballistol, and then they will see use only until I take delivery of more Ballistol.

Problem: it doesn't smell as good as Hoppe's.
Solution: I am buying a Hoppe's #9 air freshener to replace my actual bottle of Hoppe's.

Also does anyone know where I can find this stuff locally in Tulsa?

I love Ballistol for my knives, also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom