Gun shop trades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you looking to trade?
I’m just trying feel out trading my 300 wm. I love it, don’t need to sell it, but there’s others I would rather have. Like another lever gun or a semi auto something rifle. The 300 is a little much for what I’d hunt for, and I prefer going to the range, which 300 is not a solid choice for lol.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 1957 Browning sweet 16 that was so nice even I would not take it shooting.
I carried around a cloth baby diaper when the gun went with me to show it to collectors.
I would wipe it down after showing it.

I had NO use for it. I tried to sell it but no luck.
I took it to Big Boys in Mustang and showed it to them and told them I wanted a New Savage 10FP with accutrigger and heavy barrel in .308 with 24" barrel.
They traded me straight across.
They were happy and I was happy.
I was happier when I cut the barrel to 20.5" :)
And now I have another almost like it but it has 18" barrel and threaded.
It shoots even better.

I had 90 bucks in the sweet 16.
I sold the 20.5" .308 for 600 and purchased the new 18" barrel one for $575

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 1957 Browning sweet 16 that was so nice even I would not take it shooting.
I carried around a cloth baby diaper when the gun went with me to show it to collectors.
I would wipe it down after showing it.

I had NO use for it. I tried to sell it but no luck.
I took it to Big Boys in Mustang and showed it to them and told them I wanted a New Savage 10FP with accutrigger and heavy barrel in .308 with 24" barrel.
They traded me straight across.
They were happy and I was happy.
I was happier when I cut the barrel to 20.5" :)
And now I have another almost like it but it has 18" barrel and threaded.
It shoots even better.

I had 90 bucks in the sweet 16.
I sold the 20.5" .308 for 600 and purchased the new 18" barrel one for $575
My problem is, I only have a plain Jane Savage 111 Trophy Hunter, nothing special, just a good solid shooting 300wm. I’d gladly take a good used lever gun in trade, but I’m sure I’d get offered $300 for it, and have to come up with cash on a $500 trade... that ain’t happenin

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I actually agree firmly on the current rules. There’s far too many that will find it in a search, post an ad, then gone forever. I prefer the idea of comradery on the site. This way you can trade advice, info, etc, to people you feel comfortable with. I’ve personally been one of these that has gotten tons of free advice. I will definitely be supporting, if I ever think about it before my cash is spent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom