Gun shows and Slow sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to jump on the 7th element firearms band wagon. I will always try to go to SSP and 7th element, and if they don't have what I need, I order from fatboy tactical. If none of those guys have it, I source from the Internet. I've had way too many bad dealings with H&H and marks firearms( though I know he's a member here and will read this). And big boys used to be my go to place, but when I had to stand around the cash register for 20 minutes to purchase $60 worth of their merchandise, I just left the stuff in the counter, left and haven't been back.

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I typically buy from the best price, and I don't really care about service or the knowledge of the people in the store. I have the internet and other resources to find information, and stores are good to handle a piece, and in some cases H&H is good to rent it and run a box of ammo through. However when it comes time to buy (usually several months after I start research) it is all about the price and I do buy quite a bit online and give $10 tribute to the folks at SSP (they are great folks).

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to sell several guns lately, and it's been very difficult. Six months ago, they would have sold like hotcakes at the prices I'm wanting, and now people are making me downright insulting offers. There's definitely a huge dropoff in demand, even below normal pre 2013 demand and prices. I read just the other day that S&W's AR sales were down over 60% this quarter. And I've been hearing similar stories across the board.

I have always been a bit if a bargain hunter so I have watched Armslist.com and pawn shops. What I have noticed is that in the last few months there is a lot (orders of magnitude) more inventory. While I agree that the economy sucks, and financially the nation may be beyond recovery no matter what happens in the ritual red/blue tribal war of 2016. I think because there is so much inventory those who actually want to sell are going to have to take a haircut or keep their stuff. Nice ARs can be had for $300ish right now just because they have to if they are going to sell.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stock PSAs, DPMS even some times with options. Watch Armslist.com over time and you will see the same add refreshed 4 or 5 times and the price drop from the $650-700 range to the $400-550 range. Then toss the seller an offer they take it or don't but if they do act fast with cash. I have picked up a couple that way. Heck I have even seen items on the classifieds here have to lower prices to bargain basement in order to move or not and stay for sale.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Stock PSAs, DPMS even some times with options. Watch Armslist.com over time and you will see the same add refreshed 4 or 5 times and the price drop from the $650-700 range to the $400-550 range. Then toss the seller an offer they take it or don't but if they do act fast with cash. I have picked up a couple that way. Heck I have even seen items on the classifieds here have to lower prices to bargain basement in order to move or not and stay for sale.

So you have bought complete PSA and DPMS ARs for $300!

I guess I have been off Armslist for too long. I sure haven't seen those kind of deals.

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also I am convinced that there are so many ARs out there that if you offer anything decent with open trade terms some one will offer you an AR for it. In the last month I have traded one of my my 4 10/22s (plain blued nothing special) for a Delton AR, and a smith .38 revolver with a box of ammo for a bushmaster. I have seven children and while the market is depressed I am stocking up for future birthdays or trade goods if it all comes crashing down. Either or I am not picky. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom