Gun shows and Slow sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsFinest

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with the increase in online purchases vs gun shows. Especially with younger buyers becoming more of the consumers. Gun show, I have to pay 15$ just to get in and not know what/who Ill see when I get in? Online, free browsing from home. That being said, it's pretty hard to purchase a firearm without ever seeing it in real life.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Support your local, small, brick and mortar dealer. That dollar spent will be spent 7 more times locally, supporting local business, jobs and taxes; actually lowering your tax burden. The online price is really not cheaper, in the long run. Plus, you don't get to fondle before purchasing.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also a sign of the economy. Money get tight. Ammo still up (even though it's coming back to normal). It might pick up with hunting season and Xmas.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trend has been closures of brick and mortar stores. I think a lot of these smaller stores came about during the scare and probably won't survive the contraction after.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Spot on, I think. Also I think one of the facets of why the scarcity was so long lived. The big companies understand business, and knew that the surge would be temporary. They didn't add extra production capacity even though it would have eased supply, because once the panic buying was over, they'd be sitting on capital and jobs they no longer needed. Then it'd be liquidation and layoffs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom