Guns and Broken Bones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a hard time deciding which sub-forum to put this in. Some of you may remember that I broke my arm a couple of months back.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/broke-my-arm.291312/

Anyway, I discovered something about handling handguns with one hand Revolvers are a LOT easier. Thanks to a greatly-weakened left hand, the slides on semi-auto pistils are almost impossible for me to rack.

OTOH, revolvers are much easier to load because all I have to do is break the cylinder open push the extractor rod, and using a moon clip or speedloader load it up and commence the joy of shooting.

Gravity and a good loading block helps,

I'm happy to have and carry wheelguns.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't spend nearly enough time with my revos. I enjoy shooting them, and really have no excuse. We need to get together at your range again, Gary, if the world ever regains a modicum of sanity.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't spend nearly enough time with my revos. I enjoy shooting them, and really have no excuse. We need to get together at your range again, Gary, if the world ever regains a modicum of sanity.

Indeed we do. I just got back from the orthopod and he said not to wear the brace indoors any more/ He also said that I could mow my lawn as long as I wore the brace which will be a big relief to my neighbors as my lawn is badly over-grown now. As soon as it dries out enough, I'll get on the mower and get rid of this jungle, then do some shooting.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought but if you put a quality red dot on a semi-auto then it can be used for racking the slide against any hard surface or pants pocket, belt etc etc. RMR's and holosuns (I know for sure) and likely others recess the window glass for that amongst other reasons. Probably doesn't do much for the optic in the long run, so sticking to a quality optic would be key if that was something you wanted to explore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom