Gunsmith/chamber finishing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought a complete freedom upper from PSA a while back. Took it to the range today to zero in the red dot. Round won’t completely chamber and I had to do the old battlefield slam a few times. Even pulled the bullet out of the case on a couple. Took a closer look with a light and it looks like the chamber was never finished out. Where the forcing come should be, it just has a sharp shoulder.
I’ve got extra barrels around so I’ll swap it out. Now to the question. How much would a smith charge me to finish it out? PSA’s customer service can leave a bad taste in your mouth and it may not be worth screwing with them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get it worked out?
Were you using reloads or store ammo?
I have put together 3 of the PSA rifles and one is a bit finicky on shoulder set back.
I use the 55gr Hornady bullets and reload my ammo.
I set bullets to 2.255" max with the Vmax 55gr for the finicky one.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t called yet. Been to busy to mess with it. The last time I called about a credit card question, I was on hold for over 30 minutes. That’s why I’m wondering if it might be easier just to pay a smith a few bucks to finish out the chamber. I got the pencil barrel for a lighter weight build.
Did you get it worked out?
Were you using reloads or store ammo?
I have put together 3 of the PSA rifles and one is a bit finicky on shoulder set back.
I use the 55gr Hornady bullets and reload my ammo.
I set bullets to 2.255" max with the Vmax 55gr for the finicky one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom