GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DobieWorld

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
GunWorld is definately expensive. I like to shoot there on Saturday afternoon because generally it is very quiet and I can shoot a couple hundred rounds in peace and quiet!! HA!

Also, to make a note about the Taurus TCP .380-I saw one at Academy Norman a couple weeks ago. Pretty sweet although I'm leaning toward the Ruger LCP.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, to make a note about the Taurus TCP .380-I saw one at Academy Norman a couple weeks ago. Pretty sweet although I'm leaning toward the Ruger LCP.

I bought the TCP in hopes that it would shoot better than the LCP. I am not disappointed at all. In fact I was very happy after the first range trip with it. The trigger blows away the LCP and it operated perfectly with no malfuncions of any kind. I am not a Taurus fan but I really like the TCP.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New to the site.

I stopped by GW a few weeks ago just to see what they had as I'm in the market for a SA XD40 SC, and while there saw a nice A5 on the shelf. I asked the guy if I could look, so he grabbed it, opened the bolt and handed it to me. I always check myself, so I pointed the barrel at the floor and rolled the weapon over and looked. The magazine cutoff was engaged, and there was a shell in the magazine. I asked the guy if he knew the gun was loaded, and he sort of scoffed and said that it couldn't be because he opened the bolt, and that was why he did it. So, I rolled it back over, made sure the safety was on, turned the ejection port to face the counter, pointed the barrel at the ceiling, placed the butt on my thigh, dropped the cutoff (which chambered the shell), and very rapidly worked the bolt until it locked open, which ejected two unfired 12 ga shells onto the top of the counter.

The dude looked a little stunned. I chatted a while longer, and then left.

They were higher on the XD than most of the other places I had shopped, but not by twice, maybe 40 bucks or so, but what struck me was the lack of knowledge the guy I was dealing with had with firearms.

Hope to be seeing you guys around the forum.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
New to the site.
saw a nice A5 on the shelf. I asked the guy if I could look, so he grabbed it, opened the bolt and handed it to me. I always check myself, so I pointed the barrel at the floor and rolled the weapon over and looked. The magazine cutoff was engaged, and there was a shell in the magazine. I asked the guy if he knew the gun was loaded, and he sort of scoffed and said that it couldn't be because he opened the bolt, and that was why he did it. So, I rolled it back over, made sure the safety was on, turned the ejection port to face the counter, pointed the barrel at the ceiling, placed the butt on my thigh, dropped the cutoff (which chambered the shell), and very rapidly worked the bolt until it locked open, which ejected two unfired 12 ga shells onto the top of the counter.

that could have gotten someone hurt or killed....

good job gunworld, teaching firearm safety 1 person at a time....

Latest posts

Top Bottom